Saturday, April 7, 2007

want vs. need

i came across this today and like it. so i'm sharing it with all of you. it's something we should all reflect upon.


when i asked God for strength
He gave me difficult situations to face

when i asked God for brain & braun
He gave me puzzles in life to solve

when i asked God for happiness
He showed me some unhappy people

when i asked God for wealth
He showed me how to work hard

when i asked God for favors
He showed me opportunities to work hard

when i asked God for peace
He showed me how to help others

God gave me nothing i wanted
He gave me everything i needed

-Swami Vivekanand



may He give you everything you need.

1 comment:

Barb said...

In the "Message" the 23rd Psalm starts out. "God, my Shepherd! I don't need a thing." I really like that and find myself saying it during the day.