Wednesday, April 11, 2007

i wanna go for a walk

last friday i went out and bought myself a new pair of walking shoes. i even went to a specialized athletic shoe store so they could take a good look at my feet and then how i walk so they can recommend the best shoe for me. i actually ended up with a running shoe because they said the best walking shoe is actually a running shoe. the other thing that i didn't know was that your shoe should be a half to a full size bigger than your normal size. after trying a couple of pairs on, and walking both inside the store and out, i came home with a comfortable pair.

even though i was anxious to try them out on a real walk, i knew i probably wouldn't have the chance during the weekend. and i didn't. but i knew i would try to find a time on monday to take a walk. and i did.

it was a beautiful evening and don and i walked up to blimpie, bought sandwiches, and returned home. even though there were some major hills, i have to say that it was one of the most enjoyable walks i've ever taken - because the shoes were so darn comfortable. i wanted to keep going. so i was looking forward to walking again the next day.

but the next day it was cold and windy. and today it's been cold and windy. and, tomorrow, we're bracing ourselves for a big storm that's supposed to dump 6-12 inches of snow on us.

so i sit here looking at my beautiful, and comfortable, new pair of shoes and i want to go for a walk. i've never been motivated much to exercise and now that i'm motivated, the weather won't cooperate. i may have to break down and go walk on a treadmill at the rec center. yuk.

***************
link of the day:
http://www.becomeanmm.com/

1 comment:

Steve said...

I like your new blog!

I've decided to ride my bike, knowing the exercise would do me some good. I rode it once. And perhaps I'll ride it tomorrow. Why are such things so hard?