Thursday, April 5, 2007

sunshine in my life

 position= i'm what you could call a "sun" person. i love the brightness of the sun and the warmth it emits. as a child, i remember laying in the grass, watching the clouds travel overhead and enjoying the heat from the sun's rays. i was known to curl up and take a nap where the sun shone through the window, just like a cat. and of course, i spent too many hours worshipping the sun with the goal of getting tanner.

it wasn't until i was a young adult that the sun took on a different meaning for me. i somehow started associating the sun with God. on a sunny day, i could feeling His presence with me. i can turn my face to the sun and it actually feels like He is looking down on me... and i feel happy and content.

so ever since i can remember, i've loved the john denver's song, sunshine on my shoulders. if i replace the word "sun" and replace it with "God," the song takes on a new meaning - atleast for me. here are the lyrics:



Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy
Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry
Sunshine on the water looks so lovely
Sunshine almost always makes me high

If I had a day that I could give you
I'd give to you a day just like today
If I had a song that I could sing for you
I'd sing a song to make you feel this way

chorus

If I had a tale that I could tell you
I'd tell a tale sure to make you smile
If I had a wish that I could wish for you
I'd make a wish for sunshine all the while

chorus



most of my days here in colorado are sunny. i like the feeling that He is all around me and that i can just turn my face towards the sky and know he's smiling down at me. even on the cloudy days, i know He's there. clouds are a reminder that it's ME that puts things between Him and me. it helps me work through things to bring back the sun in my life.


***************
link of the day:
http://www.johndenver.com/

4 comments:

Barb said...

that is one of lee's favorite songs too.

Karen Putz said...

John Denver's music is one of my favorites!

East Coast Wahine said...

I miss JD.....gone too young...

Anonymous said...

i actually enjoy all your posting style, very helpful.
don't give up and keep posting for the reason that it simply just truly worth to read it,
impatient to browse additional of your own article content, have a great day :)