Saturday, July 14, 2007

link of the day

i was just wondering if anyone checks out my link of the day that i include with each post. i really have no idea. no one has ever mentioned that they have, except for momma roar (thanks leigh ann).

i only mention it because if you don't, you're missing out on some cool links. not every link will appeal to every person, but i bet you'd be able to find something that interest you. here are some recent ones:

http://www.virtualsandcastle.com/ here's a site where you can build your own sand castles by dragging different "castle" pieces to the sand to form the sand castle of your dreams. fun for kids, too.

http://militantplatypus.com/games/gamepage.php?game=crossword yesterday's post featured this different kind of crossword puzzle. it's quick and fun.

http://www.mentosintern.com/ have you heard of the mentos intern, trevor? he's the hottest thing of the summer - atleast for those who have nothing to do but watch a guy on a webcam. his day consist of carrying out various jobs - ones that the viewing public (you and me) give him. worth checking in on him.

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs13/f/2007/077/2/e/Animator_vs__Animation_by_alanbecker.swf this is just some fun animated artwork done in flash. i wish i was as talented.

http://snowflakes.lookandfeel.com/ this is one of my all-time favorites. i love going to this site and making my own snowflakes. it's theraputic for me. very easy to use.

these are just some of the fun and silly links. there have been more serious ones, too.

someone once asked me why i didn't give a description of each one. i decided when i started this blog that i wouldn't do that because i didn't want a description to detract from the main content. plus it's just more time and energy that i don't want to expend after writing my post =]

i was also asked why i did it at all. i really do it more for my own purposes. it's my way of recording some of the fun, crazy, interesting, weird, and helpful sites i come across. it's just for fun. and i hope you join in on the fun every once in a while.

***************
link of the day:
http://mingle2.com/blog-rating

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll admit that I don't usually check the links. It was fun to check them out today. My husband loved the computer graphic one.

I'm glad you made a point of bringing them to my attention.

Does your mind ever quit? I think that creative part of mine is on sleep mode :)

Momma Roar said...

You're welcome! I always enjoy them - the sandcastle one was great fun!

I appreciate that you add these because I wouldn't find some of them without your drawing my attention to it!

Susan said...

Must admit I've never checked on out. I do good to read the blogs!!!
Susan

Lynne said...

Sometimes I check the links when time allows. I'm saving some for a rainy day-I feel guilty spending a lot of time indoors on the computer when it's nice outside. Appreciate you letting us know about them.

Anonymous said...

I'm a cliker.

We had a great vacation, but we Luke had to stay home.

I think you should move out here and take care of grandma and mom!

Amber said...

SHAME ON YOU!!!! I'm officially addicted to that crossword puzzle game! I used the mingle link and found out yesterday I'm 23% GEEK!!!! Thanks again!

0:) Amber

Momma Roar said...

Just stopping by to let you know that crossword game is so fun! Did you ever go to the addictinggames.com website? There is a lot of junk, but the brain teaser puzzles are great. I was addicted to mahjohng for some time, as well as text twist and sudoku. Lots of fun, I'm off to play again!! :D

Amber said...

I posted the story in the comment section for you;)

0:) Amber

Anonymous said...

Great idea, and I appreciate the links. A girl can't have too many blogs to read. I'll be reading yours, and thanks for stopping by my place.