Friday, July 6, 2007

he's home

jake returned this afternoon from his backpacking trip and he didn't even stink that bad =]

he had a great trip and he really enjoyed himself. i'm sure he'll be talking about this for weeks. i've enjoyed hearing about it so far.

so i guess all my worrying during the week was for not. actually, i didn't worry all that much because i'm not a worrier. but i did miss him a lot and whenever i thought about him, i wondered how he was feeling (he thought he had a cold when he left) and how his feet were doing (he bought his hiking boots 2 days before he hit the trail). i hated to think of him being miserable for one reason or another.

i guess this was a good trial run for me for when he goes off to college, which will be in a little over a year from now. he's planning to go out of state and i won't have the close contact with him like i have with dani. she and i talked just about every day during her first year in college. i'm sure there will be many times that a whole week, or more, will go by and i won't hear from jake, just like this week. i guess i'll just have to get used to that, as hard as it may be. or who knows, he may surprise me and want to talk more often than i'm thinking.

it's sure nice having jake home. i really did miss his presence in the house. i'll try to remember that when he's driving me crazy ;D

p.s. he took some great pictures. the one above is a good example of how spectacular some of the views he encountered were.

***************
link of the day:
http://www.memoryalmostfull.com/youtellme/

5 comments:

Susan said...

Great view. Really a rocky place he was standing- glad he had new boots!
Susan

Amber said...

LOL! your're funny I'll try to remember that when he's driving me crazy.

Have fun with your family.

Happy 777!

God Bless,
Amber

Pen of Jen said...

I am happy that he is home. My oldest is moving off to school in the next month. I am excited that he is embarking off into the next part of his life.

It sounds like you are the same as me!!

Excellent pics, love to see more!

Heather said...

I bet you'll be surprised by how often he wants to talk to you when he goes off to college. Sometimes I think the boys need their mommas more than the girls.

Thanks for your comment on my blog. Your blog is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I thought about Jake lots this week and would love to hear more about his trip. Maybe Lee and I will get on the phones and talk to him soon.

Glad he took pictures!