Sunday, July 1, 2007

i am a Christian


when i say... "i am a Christian"
i'm not shouting "i'm clean livin."
i'm whispering "i was lost,"
now i'm found and forgiven.

when i say..."i am a Christian"
i don't speak of this with pride.
i'm confessing that i stumble
and need CHRIST to be my guide.

when i say... "i am a Christian"
i'm not trying to be strong.
i'm professing that i'm weak
and need HIS strength to carry on.

when i say.. "i am a Christian"
i'm not bragging of success.
i'm admitting i have failed
and need God to clean my mess.

when i say... "i am a Christian"
i'm not claiming to be perfect,
my flaws are far too visible
but, God believes i am worth it.

when I say.. "i am a Christian"
i still feel the sting of pain;
i have my share of heartaches
so i call upon His name.

when i say... "i am a Christian"
i'm not holier than thou,
i'm just a simple sinner
who received God's good grace, somehow

by carol wimmer

***************
link of the day:
http://www.homeword.com/

6 comments:

Amber said...

I've never heard of that, it's BEAUTIFUL!!! Thanks for sharing. I also stopped by to let you know I'm having a contest and you're kinda sorta in it.

0:) Amber

Pen of Jen said...

I love this and I will probably print it. I thank you so much for posting this!
Jennifer

Jamey said...

I really like that! I will probably print it as well, I've never heard that before and it's worth passing on! My 4 year old daughter is sitting here with me and she commented on your picture on the side--she said, "mom, that boys head fell off." I had to laugh, and then of course explain it to her. Funny!

Momma Roar said...

That picture on your sidebar is GREAT!

I loved this poem and the link you shared today!

Anonymous said...

Amen!

Susan said...

Says it all doesn't it.
Susan