Thursday, July 19, 2007

caption contest winners

picking a winner for this caption contest was harder than i thought. all of the answers were so good. i asked my family for their input and here's what we came up with.

by the way, did you notice there were llamas/alpacas inside of the car, also. crazy. i hope the ride wasn't very long.

1st place: lynne said... Yes as a matter of fact officer, we were just at "Six Flags Safari". Why do you ask?

2nd place: aimee said... Mitt Romney takes his family on vacation to Argentina.

3rd place: jennifer said... In America it is all about horsepower in the engine, Here it is all about llamapower on the roof.

thanks everyone for playing. all of your answers were cute and clever.

i just recently started reading confessions of a pioneer woman. her blog is funny, imaginative, interesting, and well written. i really enjoy reading her posts. she's a great photographer and evidently, a good cook, too. she also has pioneer woman cooks where there are some scrumptious looking recipes.

she just had a photo caption contest and she gives out BIG prizes ($200 gift cert to williams sonoma). why am i mentioning this? because i was flabbergasted when i saw how many people left their answers for this contest. drum roll please (tatatatatatatata).... 1061 comments. can you believe that!? can you imagine going through 1061 comments/captions? and then coming up with the best along with 2nd and 3rd place. she also mentions a few given captions as some of her favorites.

although i read her posts just about every day, i don't ever comment because my comment would just get lost among the many other comments. she usually has 50-100 each day. and that's okay with me. sometimes i don't have enough time to comment all the blogs i want to. so this one i can just read and leave. if you have time to read another blog, you should go check her out.

***************
link of the day:
http://www.humanbraincloud.com/

16 comments:

Momma Roar said...

Congrats to the contest winners - they were all great!

I read PW cooks, but don't read her daily blog - I was totally blown away by her kitchen the other day. Her pictures are gorgeous - she really does enjoy photography and cooking, as well as her family. I think she homeschools too.

Amber said...

WOW!

Amber said...

1061 comments

Amber said...

HERE!

Amber said...

I'll Give you

Amber said...

a few comments.

Amber said...

LOL!

Amber said...

Have a GREAT DAY!!!!

God Bless,
Amber

Amber said...

BTW, I've never seen her blog b4, thanks:D

Amber said...

How about an even 10 comments!

Amber said...

BYE, I'm really going now, I likw the #11 better anyway, it rhymes with heaven.

0:) Amber

Anonymous said...

I did see animals in the vehicle but was not certain what they were. Imagine that ride...

I left a response to your comment on my blog - to reiterate, is there anyway to get in touch with your sis-in-laws?

... said...

thanks amber...

you made my day!!!

Diane @ A Watered Garden said...

I would like to know how they got those laumas on the roof??!! (Cute Amber...instant comments!) Funny you should mention the pioneer woman...I was just introduced to her blog by someone a few days ago. Totally inspiring! Love her photography, of course. I also wanted to let you know I have returned to blogville with a new name and address. You can now visit me at: www.awateredgarden.blogspot.com. I will be back for a visit and to catch up on reading postings made during my recent sabbatical. Blessings, Diane

Unknown said...

Mile High Mamas info:
http://milehighmamas.blogspot.com/

It'll be FUN!!

Lori said...

I missed your contest.
That's a funny picture of the llamas on top of the car.