Thursday, September 6, 2007

GIVING is on my mind

I wrote a post yesterday about what has been on my mind lately. It talked about my thoughts in general terms without getting very specific. It really wasn't intentional that way. It's just that I'm having a hard time making sense of it all and to try to articulate how I'm feeling seems impossible at the moment. Maybe over time, the random jumbled mess in my head will become more coherent and I can write about it.

Something I should have added to my post yesterday is how fascinating I find it that God puts things in front of me that resonates with the feelings or thoughts that I'm already dealing with. It's like I see and experience things through a filter that God has specially fit over my heart.

I mentioned that I had watched the Oprah show a couple of days ago where Bill Clinton was the guest. The whole show was about people who went above and beyond to help out others who were less fortunate. Mr. Clinton's new book entitled Giving had just been released and he shared that it was his opinion, and the premise of the book, that just one person can change the lives of many.

That's part of what I have been feeling and trying to figure out on a personal level. I want to be part of the change. I want to help others in a significant way. God must have something specific in mind because, being a youth worker, I'm already committed to and working towards helping people and hopefully changing lives. I get the feeling that God wants more or something else from me.

And then after I posted yesterday, fellow blogger Pam, of Pinnacles, Pitfalls, and Pottychairs, posted this simple and yet powerful post:

It's time to stop looking inward
and start looking God-ward!

What blessing

could you be
or difference

could you make
to His world,

one person
at a time?


Just wondering?

Wow! What are you trying to tell me, God?

***************
link of the day:
http://wvs.topleftpixel.com/flash/cntower_timelapse.swf

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must say... it is fun to be quoted. Glad it spoke to you. Let us know what God tells you to do. I love hearing His stories!!!

Momma Roar said...

Diana - I think this is an awesome stirring within your heart and I think you for including us on your reflection journey - I can't wait to see what God is calling you to!

Susan said...

I love it the way, when God is speaking to you, He begins to confirm it in various sources and ways that "just happen" to confront us!!! Except, as you know, I don't believe in "just happen"! God orchestrates our lives if we have eyes to see and ears to hear. It's so exciting!!!
Susan

Unknown said...

Wonderful post, dearier! I, too was touched by that show. Listen to those promptings...they are what makes us better people and more in tune with the Lord!

Short Stop said...

It is indeed SO exciting to see this happening in you. I believe that God moves us...really moves us to act by giving us confirmations all around us of His will for us. The figuring it out stage has often been frustrating for me, as I've asked, "Lord, what is it that you want? I feel you prompting me, but just make it clear."

I love hearing these thoughts, Diana. They're so real, and genuine, and it's so wonderful that you're sharing them. :)

Anonymous said...

It's always a blessing to me to read and talk with someone who is clearly having their heartstrings tugged by God.

Yolanda said...

I love this post and I really like your header it is just gorgeous.

Lori said...

Great post. What an inspiration you are.
So true if we just listen to him we will hear what he is telling us.