Saturday, September 8, 2007

anyway

I heard Martina McBride sing the following song on The Early show this last week. Of course I had heard of her and most likely, I've heard her sing. But I'm not a big country music fan, so I couldn't have told you anything about her or named any of her songs. But just by chance, I heard her sing this song that morning - and I was entranced. She sings beautifully, and the words, her voice, and the melody touched my heart deeply. I hope your heart is touched, too.

Anyway

You can spend your whole life buildin'
Somethin' from nothin'
One storm can come and blow it all away
Build it anyway

You can chase a dream
That seems so out of reach
And you know it might not ever come your way
Dream it anyway

(Chorus)

God is great, but sometimes life ain't good
When I pray it doesn't always turn out like I think it should
But I do it anyway
I do it anyway

This world's gone crazy and it's hard to believe
That tomorrow will be better than today
Believe it anyway

You can love someone with all your heart
For all the right reasons
And in a moment they can choose to walk away
Love 'em anyway

(Repeat Chorus)

You can pour your soul out singin'
A song you believe in
That tomorrow they'll forget you ever sang
Sing it anyway
Yeah sing it anyway

I sing
I dream
I love anyway



***************
link of the day:
http://bestuff.com/

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm pretty sure that's FAITH... I loved it! I've never heard this before, but I'm glad you shared this song because it really moved me. It's a hard road we walk every day, but we walk it...anyway!

I'm so glad we don't do any of these things alone :)

striving... said...

This song has been a favorite of mine for awhile. I really like Martina McBride, she is great.

Melissa said...

I love it when an artist comes out with such a moving song. It doesn't happen very often in the "secular" arena

Short Stop said...

I am a big country music fan, and hadn't heard this one. I love Martina McBride's voice...it's just incredible!

The words to this song are beautiful...I was indeed touched. :)

barbara said...

Thanks for posting this song. I love it, plan to print it off and keep it in my Bible. The song has such a powerful, much needed message.

Momma Roar said...

Its beautiful Diana!

Momma Roar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

I love this song too.
I'm going to take the time to lisnten to it this morning.