Friday, November 23, 2007

i've been tagged

I've been tagged by Karen's Scribbles. Here are the rules:

Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog. Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs. Let each person know that they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

1. I am a very inconsistent bowler. Last night we went bowling in which I bowled two games. My scores: first game-88 and second game-140. I always bowl this way. If I had bowled a third game, my score could have been up towards 200 or down around 50. The really important thing here, though, is that I beat Jake in that last game and that was my only goal ;)

2. I do not like pumpkin pie. I used to as a kid, but I got sick on it and never was able to stomach it again. And since I don't like it and don't make an effort to have it during the holidays, my kids don't care for it either. Poor Don - he never gets pumpkin pie... and he loves it.

3. Here's a random one for you... if you're at the foot of a bed looking towards the pillows - I sleep on the left hand side.

4. I get car-sick pretty easily. It was worse when I was a kid. I used to throw up every year going up to camp. Summer camp was always located in the mountains and that meant a long winding road. Sometimes we would take family drives into the mountains. I would always throw up. (aren't you glad you know that about me :])

5. I am a people-watcher. I love to watch people and try to figure out what's going on with them at that moment. I can gather a lot of information by just by observing someone for a short period of time. Most people wouldn't care, but for some reason, I do.

6. I used to design and publish newsletters and flyers for friends, companies, and churches. Newsletters used to be a bigger deal before the internet came along. Now you can get information out through a website. Before, it was an art form in itself. I remember doing them before there was clip art on the computer. I used to buy clip art books, snip out a picture, and then glue it onto the paper amongst the written words. Boy, computers sure have made it much easier to produce media of this sort.

7. I learned to body surf when I was in the third grade while living in southern California. We went to the beach often and one of our (my family's) favorite beaches was Huntington Beach. This beach is known for it's big waves and that's where I learned to ride the waves. I remember getting munched by some of those waves but I also remember loving it and spending hours in the water.

And here's who I'm tagging, but would invite anyone who is interested to play along, too.

Lynne @ Mi Casa es Su Casa
Dana @ Sunshine's Blog
Sharon B @ Quiet Reflections
Leigh Ann @ Living to Learn and Learning to Live
Liza @ Liza's Eyeview
Melissa @ Mejojac's Memos
Karenkool @ Kool Daze

***************
link of the day:
http://www.eyegas.com/flashgames/lemonsdemo.html

11 comments:

Ruth said...

Love your "crazy" facts!! Well...I'm sorry you get sick on car trips. We're not into pumpkin pie, either.

Have a great day!

Liza on Maui said...

Thanks for the tag. Will work on it sometime this weekend ...

Barb said...

What a fun blog!

Pen of Jen said...

Well I love learning new things about bloggers!

Laughing that 2 of the things have to do with queasy upset stomach!! Pumpkins and car sick:O)

I love pumpkin pie and have had pie as my birthday cake for at least 35 years( b-day in june LOL)

How was Thanksgiving?Hope all was wonderful since there wasn't an pumpkin pie I am deeply saddened for Don:(
Kidding the penofjen gang had your share!!!
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

I can appreciate your hard work from the past. My husband is a photographer and always shot with film. Today I watch my daugher with her digital and photoshop, etc.. and I tell her it's not fair. My husband had to get the shot the first time around and couldn't alter the finished pic. It is an art that is lost today.

Momma Roar said...

I enjoyed reading these! I will be happy to play along - sometime this coming week, hopefully! :D

Karenkool said...

I bowl just like you! I've body surfed at Huntington Beach and used to do lots of flyers and junk before the technology took off--but I do a lot now too. And I sleep on the right side, but I would call it left because I would think of myself laying in the bed to determine which side I sleep on--hahah.

I've done this meme a couple of times before. Maybe I'll play again. We'll see. Thanks for the tag--mwah!

Lori said...

Those were some great facts that I learned about you.

I sleep on the right side of the bed.

I have to say I've never body surfed and I'm not much of a bowler either.

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Lynne said...

I used to dread going on school trips because that usually meant a bus ride to New York City on the el stinko New Jersey Turnpike and I always would barf! I guess I built up a tolerance to the smell of the refineries, because it doesn't happen anymore.

Poor Don-no pumpkin pie! Have you ever tried sweet potato pie? I'm a northeasterner and I actually like it better than pumpkin.

Melissa said...

Ah... no pumpkin pie here either. My Hubby loves it. Me? It's not really a taste thing for me as much as it is a texture... I just can't handle that texture... thanks for tagging me!! I'll get it done sometime soon ;)

Unknown said...

First, your background is fun. I like it!!!

I love pumpkin pie guts. I do not like crust though. I made homemade pumpkin icecream this year. Yum.

I, too, sleep on the left side as you do, I get terribly car sick, really bad as a kid, not so bad since I started driving or riding up front. Still can't make it to Salida without needing to throw up. These winding mountain roads....

Body surfing sounds fun, would have definitely done it as a young person, now -well, swimsuits might be involved and that is not a pretty sight!!!