I've been tagged by Karen's Scribbles. Here are the rules:
Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog. Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs. Let each person know that they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
1. I am a very inconsistent bowler. Last night we went bowling in which I bowled two games. My scores: first game-88 and second game-140. I always bowl this way. If I had bowled a third game, my score could have been up towards 200 or down around 50. The really important thing here, though, is that I beat Jake in that last game and that was my only goal ;)
2. I do not like pumpkin pie. I used to as a kid, but I got sick on it and never was able to stomach it again. And since I don't like it and don't make an effort to have it during the holidays, my kids don't care for it either. Poor Don - he never gets pumpkin pie... and he loves it.
3. Here's a random one for you... if you're at the foot of a bed looking towards the pillows - I sleep on the left hand side.
4. I get car-sick pretty easily. It was worse when I was a kid. I used to throw up every year going up to camp. Summer camp was always located in the mountains and that meant a long winding road. Sometimes we would take family drives into the mountains. I would always throw up. (aren't you glad you know that about me :])
5. I am a people-watcher. I love to watch people and try to figure out what's going on with them at that moment. I can gather a lot of information by just by observing someone for a short period of time. Most people wouldn't care, but for some reason, I do.
6. I used to design and publish newsletters and flyers for friends, companies, and churches. Newsletters used to be a bigger deal before the internet came along. Now you can get information out through a website. Before, it was an art form in itself. I remember doing them before there was clip art on the computer. I used to buy clip art books, snip out a picture, and then glue it onto the paper amongst the written words. Boy, computers sure have made it much easier to produce media of this sort.
7. I learned to body surf when I was in the third grade while living in southern California. We went to the beach often and one of our (my family's) favorite beaches was Huntington Beach. This beach is known for it's big waves and that's where I learned to ride the waves. I remember getting munched by some of those waves but I also remember loving it and spending hours in the water.
And here's who I'm tagging, but would invite anyone who is interested to play along, too.
Lynne @ Mi Casa es Su Casa
Dana @ Sunshine's Blog
Sharon B @ Quiet Reflections
Leigh Ann @ Living to Learn and Learning to Live
Liza @ Liza's Eyeview
Melissa @ Mejojac's Memos
Karenkool @ Kool Daze
link of the day: