Saturday, October 13, 2007

this day in history

October 13th is the 286th day of the year and there are 79 days left.

Births:
Margaret Thatcher, 1925
Paul Simon, 1941
Sammy Hagar, 1947
Marie Osmond, 1959
Nancy Kerrigan, 1969

Deaths:
Ed Sullivan at the age of 72, 1974

Prices in 1959:
gallon of gas: $ .25
postage stamp: $ .04
bread: $ .20
milk: $1.01
average house: $30,000
Ford car: $2,132-$3,979

Events:
The cornerstone of the White House was laid in 1792.
Italy declared war on Germany in 1943.
The beatles made their first appearance on a major tv show-the BBC, 1963

October 13th, 1959 was a beautiful Fall day in southern California.
and...

little Diana Lynn was born,
much to the delight of her parents, grandparents, and future siblings.

16 comments:

Beach Girl said...

And a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!

Hi, Vanessa from Yahweh's Retreat, stopping in after being on a stress break. My birthday is the 24th~great month to have a birthday!

Hope you come back to visit sometime.

Vanessa

Ruth said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope you have a great day.

Short Stop said...

HAPPY BIRTDHAY, friend o' mine! I hope that you have the best of days today...laughing and enjoying your family! I am so glad that we met and have become friends, and I'm smiling on this special day along with you!!

Happy Birthday, again!

jennifer said...

Diana I have something for you on my home school blog...mcbenningschool.blogspot.com
Pen of Jen!

Just Mom said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR DIANA.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.




and many more....

Susan said...

Happy, HAPPY Birthday Diana!!!!
Susan

Anonymous said...

Oh, you sneaky gal. Happy Birthday!!! Mine is the 18th. I'm glad I got here on the right day! :)

Anonymous said...

It's officially the day after, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I hope it was all you wanted it to be and more.

Family W said...

Oh happy birthday..... a little late! :) And this reminder of how many days left this year makes me panic a little.... :)

Anonymous said...

Happy bday a day late! Wishing you God's blessings pressed down, shaken together and running over!

Lynne said...

Happy bithday, Diana (a day late)!

Momma Roar said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday weekend - sorry I wasn't home to send wishes on your big day - but the next day is good, right? ;)

A Captured Reflection said...

Happy Birthday - so many folk on my blog roll have had birthdays in the past three weeks. Amazing. Hope you had a great day.

Lori said...

Happy Birthday to you!!
Happy Birthday dear Diana!
Happy Birthday to you!
I hope you had a wonderful day!
Blessings dear friend.

Lori said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melissa said...

Well! Happiest of Happy Days! I hope it was wonderful!!