Monday, October 1, 2007

it's monday

Welcome to "More of Him" Monday

I'm hoping this will be the first of many posts that are shared so that we can not only give God the glory for what He is doing in our lives, but that we can be of encouragement and support to each other. I'm hoping there will be uplifting posts as well as truthful ones that share what the blogger is struggling with. There are two wonderful ways for you to share.

One is sharing a piece of scripture that spoke to you in some way over the previous week. If you share in this manner, please include not only the passage, but what it was saying to you and maybe how you plan to apply it to your life.


The second is how specifically He is working in your life. Maybe it's a prayer request you have, or an answer to prayer. It could be something new you feel He is wanting for you. Or an area where you need to work on or need to be held accountable for.

One more thing; I pray there will be no judgement here. No one is perfect and we are all broken in some way. Let us use the blogging world, or atleast this part of it, for encouragement and support. I beleive that whatever you want to share about your spiritual life, others would enjoy reading and it could minister to them personally.

Please leave your post on the Mr. Linky below and let me personally thank you for participating.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is my SCRIPTURE SPEAKS:

Every part of Scripture is God-breathed and useful one way or another—showing us truth, exposing our rebellion, correcting our mistakes, training us to live God's way. Through the Word we are put together and shaped up for the tasks God has for us. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 The Message

I've always liked this passage and I looked it up in The Message version to see how it was stated there. I really like how verse 17 is stated. In other versions, it says something like "equipped for every good work," which I like, too. But there's something to the wording "shaped up" that appeals to me. I've always thought of myself as a lump of clay in the potter's hands. My life in Him has been about Him molding me - or shaping me. And part of that shaping comes directly from His word.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"More of Him" Monday Participants
1. Susan - Penless Writer
2. Kiddos & K9s (Kim)
3. barb moser
4. Lynne
5. Danielle!
6. Folded Wings

Learn more about "More of Him" Monday here.

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

14 comments:

Susan said...

Diana, I am honored to be the first one to post on this new endeavor the Lord placed on your heart. I trust he will use it, and you, greatly to accomplish HIS purposes in all our lives. After all, that is what it is ALL about.
Susan

Kimmy said...

Found your post thru sweet Penless Thoughts... thought I'd participate since my post this morning was all about what God taught me this past weekend... great idea! ~ Kim

Momma Roar said...

This is such a wonderful idea - I hope to jump in next week!

Pen of Jen said...

I think that this is a fantastic idea. We all need to focus on more of Him.

I am truly in Matthew and the parable of the sower. Matthew13:1-9.It is pressing on me very heavily.



That is where I am, thankyou Diana!
Jennifer

Mary@notbefore7 said...

This is such a great idea. I loved what you shared today Diana. I look forward to this on Mondays and hope to participate next week.

Amber said...

I have a scripture that has been speaking to us....I'll try to get it up today or next week. Great idea, thanks for doing this.

God Bless,
Amber

Barb said...

I've been looking forward to Monday for Him, your comments and those of others. You have obviously touched on a need.

Phillipians 4:13 has always been one of my favorite and supportive verses. Like you, I like how it reads in The Message.

"Whatever I have, where-ever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am."

I particularly like "...the One who makes me who I am." It's God and me.

Short Stop said...

I love what you wrote today. I really love how the Message states verse 16...it's just very powerful!

I'm working on a post...but didn't get to finish it today! Thank you again for hosting this. I loved reading what Susan shared, too!

Anonymous said...

Ah, I'm a slow learner. I was so excited to see how this works and thought about it today. I will be posting next Monday for sure.

I will share a scripture here for this week.

Philippians 4:6-7

I love this scripture and need to daily be reminded to not be anxious about anything, but rather pray with thanksgiving presenting my requests to God. I then can know that His peace which passes all understanding will keep safe my heart and my mind in Christ.

Oh how my mind needs that peace every single day! Isn't God good!

Lynne said...

I really love this new feature-I'm actually looking forward to Mondays now. That's the day of the week where I can really use some encouragement.

Lori said...

Great post. Great idea.
I love that verse too. I like how we are the clay and God is the potter...shaping and molding us.
I also hope to jump in and participate next Monday.
I'm finally getting around to commenting on blogs and hoping to post something soon.

Cjdusse said...

I want to participate too and I am looking forward to read the others' entries too. This is a great idea. I am such a novice if it comes to blogging I hope i will get it right with all the links etc.

Karen's Korner said...

I want to participate, but am not sure how the Mister Linky thing works!

Anonymous said...

Great meme to start, sounds like it will be a blessing to many! I love the name, I might be a bit biased! Its part of my blog name! "More Of Him" :-)

If my Monday Meandering post didn't take up half of my blog I would join you all! Looking forward to gleaning some wisdom from your thoughts though!