Thursday, October 4, 2007

i don't drink eggnog

I've seen this meme going around and I said to myself, "self, I think I will do this fun meme when I don't have anything to write about." Well, today is the day. I racked my brain and it must be empty because I couldn't come up with a single thing. Actually, there is one thing I wanted to say.

Leigh Ann, this is for you. You and any other Phillies fans out there....
Woo-hoo! Rockies won the first game! (and now I'm doing the happy dance)

okay, on to the meme...

accent: I don't think I have one. Is there an accent associated with Colorado, or California?

I don't drink: Eggnog. yuck and double yuck! I don't drink beer or wine either.

favorite drinks: Coffee drinks; such as, cappuccinos, mochas, and lattes. Smoothies. Diet Coke.

chore I hate: Cleaning bathrooms

pets: dog- Brody and cat- Snickers

essential electronics: Laptop, camera(s), and cell phone.

perfume: I don't know if I should be embarrassed or not to admit that I don't wear perfume. I do wear scented mist sprays from B*th & B*dy W*rks. My current favorite is a something like Mango on Ice. (Am I the only one who doesn't wear a perfume?)

gold or silver: I wear both. I like jewelry that has both gold and silver together.

insomnia: Yes, sometimes. I've always been a light sleeper. If something wakes me up, I may have a hard time going back to sleep.

job title: Wife, mother, and youth worker... just to name few.

most admired trait: This one stumps me. Are we really supposed to name a trait that we admire in ourselves? I guess it would be compassion/empathy.

kids: Danielle- 19 and Jake- 17. And a lot of teens who have passed through my youth groups.

phobia: Heights

religion: I am a believer and follower of Jesus Christ. It's not about religion, it's about a personal relationship with my Lord and Savior.

siblings: I have a sister, Karen, who is two years younger than me and a brother, Steve, who is a year and a half younger than her. I also have a half-brother, Mike, who is in his twenties.

time I wake up: Usually around 7:00, except for Saturdays. I get to sleep in on most Saturdays. I love Saturdays. I love to sleep. =]

unusual talent or skill: hmmm... I guess I have talent and skill, but nothing unusual.

vegetable I hate: Beets and Lima beans. yuck!

worst habit: Procrastinating would have to be at the top of the list.

x-rays: I just had my teeth x-rayed. I've also had my ankle, both feet, and chest x-rayed.

my favorite meal: I have several, but I'll just name one: a good steak, baked potato, green salad, and garlic bread, with chocolate covered strawberries for dessert. Yum!

***************
link of the day:
http://pinkforoctober.org/

14 comments:

Momma Roar said...

:P

Momma Roar said...

Ok, got that out of my system - great meme! I don't wear perfume a lot, I actually wear those same sprays too - my favorite is midnight pomegranite (don't think I spelled that right but it is 6am so thats my best shot!)


Worst habit: Your mean streak! HA ;)

Susan said...

I always enjoy these type reads. Yours was fun.
Susan

Pen of Jen said...

Fun! I love to read about others too!

I am with you on perfume. I rarely ever wear any.I am not ashamed to admit this!
Jennifer

Short Stop said...

YAY! I loved reading this! Beets and Lima Beans--YUCK! So with you there! I use B&BW sprays, too. I love them! Oh, and I don't like Eggnog either. My hubby's family has it every Christmas Eve and they always make fun of me that I hate even the smell of it. Double yuck is right! It was fun learning more about you!

Just Mom said...

No beets, lima beans or egg nogg??? What kind of person are you??? ;-D

This was fun to read.

Lori said...

Fun to read this.

I'm glad you did this one too.
We have lots in common. I like to sleep too. I love cappicinos, lattes, and steak and potatoes.

At least you know the difference between a fruit and a veggie. hehehe
Maybe what I was thinking a the time was that I only have a few things that I don't like: liver and cranberries.

Melissa said...

Great meme! Maybe I'll have to set it aside and use it like you did... when I have nothing to say.

Anonymous said...

I just passed on a very important award to you!!!

Barb said...

You are way too modest! You have some great traits and lots of skills and talents. And that's not just your mother talking.

You excel in graphic arts. You have a knack for decorating. You are kind. Your youth work and interaction with adults reflects your empathy and sympathy.

I hate eggnog and lima beans too.

Ruth said...

LOVE your answers, and I agree with several of your answers...like the veggies you hate and your answer about religion! Great job!

jnussel said...

Was thinking about you today... OK, partly because of one of those favorite electronics, your camera. I wish Jake was playing tennis with Scott so you would have been there at regionals. I did take a lot of pics, hopefully will get around to uploading them somewhere to share. I can only HOPE some measure up to the great photos you take.

You know me, my worst habit is procrastinating, too. And I think I passed that on to Scott.

And I don't wear perfume, either =)

Kelli said...

I have to agree with you on the beets and lima beans..yuck! Also, I can't drink eggnog...it reminds me of snot. Did I say that outloud? ;0)

Kelli

Gabrielle S. said...

I love your blog! I think it's great! I also really liked the video. Please check out my blog at http://gabbyscrazyworld.blogspot.com.