Friday, October 5, 2007

excellence in discipleship

My blogging friend, Ginger, has honored me with an award today. It's called the Mathetes Excellence in Discipleship Award.


Mathetes is the Greek word for disciple, and the role of the disciple (per the Great Commission) is to make more disciples. I now have the privilege to pass on this award and badge to five blogging friends who exemplify a Christ follower through their words and life.

Many of you know that I don't like to pass on awards because I feel that all of us are worthy of the many awards that make their rounds here in blogland. But, because of the nature of this award, I think it should be passed on as a serious statement to the importance of being a Christ disciple. Therefor, I will pass it on to five women, even though I know more than five that are worthy of this award.

In the spirit of this award, the rules are simple. Winners of this award must pick five other "Disciples" to pass it on to. As you pass it on, I just ask that you mention and provide links for (1) this post as the originator of the award (Dan King of management by God), (2) the person that awarded it to you, and then (3) name and sites of the five that you believe are fulfilling the role of a disciple of Christ..."

Here are the very kind words Ginger wrote;
Diana - Thank you for blessing me by always keeping it very real with all of your feelings and your day to day living. Your heart for the youth of this world is so evident in all you write. We are walking the same road in life right now and you encourage me more than you will ever know by your constant reminders of God's goodness and faithfulness to us.

Ladies, I want you to know that I enjoy going to your blogs each day. I like the fact that not every post is reciting scripture or expounding on theology - that you write about your life, which is a testimony in itself. It's obvious through your words and message that you love God and that encourages me and it witnesses to your readers. Thank you. I pass on this award to:

Amber, of Trust in the Lord- You are one of the sweetest and hardest working people I know here in blogland. Your life is so busy and yet you always take the time to help others. The fact that you really do trust in the Lord shines through in all you say and do. Thank you for the many e-mails, your encouraging words and your obvious love for God.

Sarah, of Shortstop- You, too, are one of the sweetest people I've met through blogging. You, too, have encouraged me through your words and spirit, whether it's in an e-mail or a post. Your words are a testimony of God's love flowing through you. I thank God for the blessing of your friendship.

Lyndy, of Oh Fiddle-dee-dee- You came immediately to mind when I was thinking about this award. Your posts have been so sincere; whether it's crying out to God or thanking Him for your many blessings. It is so clear that you give Him your all, which is a wonderful example to the rest of us. I love that you always have quite a list of things to be thankful for even as you are struggling with life.

Lori, of A Mother's Heart is a Garden of Love- Your posts reflect your life so well for all to see how important God and Christianity is to you and your family. I enjoy hearing what's going on in your home and life. You're a very busy person and yet you're leading a Bible study. It's clear how much God is a priority.

Mary, of Not Before 7- I haven't known you as long as some of the other ladies, but I thoroughly enjoy reading your posts. I like how you combine what is happening in your everyday life with how God is working in it or how He is speaking to you. It is clear that you desire to follow Him and I thank you for sharing that.

In the words of Dan King himself, "I just pray a blessing over the bloggers that receive this award, and ask that the Holy Spirit use them mightily as they share the Word of God with the world around them. May all of their efforts be fruitful, and their words carry the anointing of the Spirit of God. In Jesus' name, Amen!"

***************
link of the day:
https://www.shoeboxed.com/

15 comments:

Susan said...

Congratulations on this award Diana. You well deserve it!!! I totally agree with your 5 choices and what you said about each of these lovely disciples of our Lord.
Susan

Pen of Jen said...

Congratulations! I absolutely agree with you and your reasons why to pass this on.

Have a great weekend!

Melissa said...

What a great award! And I can see exactly why you got it! :)

Lori said...

Congrats on getting this award. I agree you do deserve it. You and your blog are such a blessing to me. It shows so much discipleship.

Thank you so much for passing this award onto me.
Your words are so kind.

(P.S. I'm not leading a bible...just going to one. Although I am hosting next week.)

Amber said...

Thank you SO much Diana! You have been such a blessing to know!


God Bless,
Amber

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Diana,

It is true that we are "new" blog friends, but I have enjoyed getting to know you. Congrats on receiving this award - Gingers words are very true!

Thank you for thinking of me. It is my desire to reflect Christ in all I do, including my blog - whether blogging about life events, silly stories, or deep thoughts!

Off for some much needed rest :) Thanks for your encouragement!

BethAnne said...

Wow, you have a great blog and I totally agree with your choices of favorites.

Barb said...

What a great award - congratulations! It fits you very well.

And how neat to pass on awards to others. I like that.

Anonymous said...

Such a fantastic award, and well-deserved. Congratulations.

Family W said...

Congratulations. Sounds like a really great award. I enjoy reading your blog as well!

Ruth said...

Congratulations on receiving this award! You truly deserve it.

Myrna said...

Congratulations on the award--Good choice, Ginger!

I love you link of the day feature. Do you know anything about Shoebox.com. that intrigues me. I wonder if anyone out there has used it and has a recommendation or a warning about it?

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

Short Stop said...

I am so glad that Ginger gave this award to you! I can't think of anyone that exemplifies a Christ follower more than you! Your servant's heart is something to truly be admired, and you are an amazing encourager and friend!

I'm humbled that you thought to honor me this way. Thank you for encouraging me in my walk with our Savior.

Momma Roar said...

You definately deserve this one Diana!! I totally agree with your choices! :D