Wednesday, October 3, 2007

johnny

This video was sent to me in an email, so I don't know how many of you might have already seen it. I think these kinds of emails circle the country, if not the globe.

I get so many emails with funny little cartoons or a meaningful video or cute photos of babies or kittys or puppys. Where do all these emails originate from? What I don't like is when they ask you to pass it on to 100 25 okay, 5 friends. I just don't do that. If I did, I would be spending all my time doing it. And it's a little presumptuous; what if I don't have 5 friends? But I guess they need to ask people to do the passing on thing. How else would they be able to circle the globe?

I don't know if the people who forward these emails to me know that I don't do the passing on thing. They probably think that I pass on each and every cutesy little (or long, because some are!) email they have ever sent to me. Sorry, that's just not me.

Okay, here's the video. Let me preface it by saying it really touched me and inspired me. I think it will for you, too, or I wouldn't have posted it. That's my way of saying.... WATCH IT! (please)



Oh, and thank you, mom, for sending me the email with this video. I appreciate all the emails you send me. Sorry I don't pass any of them on.

One more thing... even though I found this video on youtube, the one in the email was put out by the same site that is my link of the day. It's tag line is "the gift of inspiration." Might be worth checking out.

***************
link of the day:
http://www.simpletruths.com/

14 comments:

Just Mom said...

That video made my day, and it's only just beginning. Thanks.

Lori said...

Thanks for sharing. That was a neat story.

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful. Always worth the view!

Jamey said...

Cool story. It's amazing the difference we can make when we try!

jennifer said...

Thanks for starting my day so wonderful. But to be honest, I come back here to your blog each day, because you are one of the 'Johnny's' in my life!

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I got a chill watching this. If only everyone would realize there's a Johnny inside them. THANK YOU for sharing it, and thank your mom, too.

Amber said...

That was VERY touching, thanks for sharing!

0:) Amber

Melissa said...

Great video! Thanks for sharing...
And I don't pass emails along either. The only one I ever passed on said "If you don't pass this on to 3,397 people in 2.4 seconds then a piano will fall from the sky and land on your neighbors cat" or something super silly like that :)

Barb said...

I'm glad you shared the video with others and that they liked it too. Great message.

Like you, I seldom send them on. Most of them - like 3 a day - come from a good friend in OK.

Momma Roar said...

That is such a touching video - I have seen it before but it is worth watching again and again!

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

that is a great video. It is amazing what a difference we can make in someone's life with just a small touch.

MightyMom said...

I don't usually forward all the emails either!

some of it is just a way to increase web traffic...

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Thanks Diana. I had not seen that video and it actually brought tears to my eyes as I read about all of the customers willing to wait in his line! What a difference a simple gesture can make!

jnussel said...

Very inspiring, thanks. And thanks for not passing it on via email.

You've hit upon the best solution for all those emails. Once in awhile, I deem one worthy of passing on... very rarely, mind you, but I have made exceptions. This would be a far better way of sharing them.