Wednesday, June 17, 2009

puzzles, tags, and a movie

Randomness...

Danielle, Jake and I are officially addicted. It's called Yubotu. I was given a book of puzzles in which you use your strategy skills to figure out where the hidden sea vessels are hiding on the grid. It's a little like the classic game of battleship. Once the kids saw what the puzzles were like, they wanted to solve them so I was copying them from the book onto grid paper. I couldn't keep up with the demand. Fortunately, Jake googled the name Yubotu and found that there are web sites that provide the puzzles and ability to solve them online - which is a lot more fun. No less addictive, but easier than using paper and pencil. If you would like to try your hand at these fun puzzles, check out YubotuOnline. The good thing about this site is they only give you nine puzzles a day, in varying degrees of difficulty. I now do my nine a day and call it good. My addiction is under control.

:::::::: :::::::: ::::::::

A week ago, I posted six unimportant things that make me happy from a tag I received. I then went on to tag six people. The process of defining what's unimportant and then coming up with six things was interesting for me and I have enjoyed reading other people's list. I encourage anyone who might be reading this who wasn't tagged to try this exercise. I think it has great value for all of us. I also want to extend the tag to one more person; my daughter, Danielle. She has a blog but claimed she can't write a post on this subject because she wasn't tagged. Okay, Danielle... consider yourself tagged.

:::::::: :::::::: ::::::::

Danielle and I saw the movie Up a couple of days ago and loved it. This is a Disney Pixar animated story of a old man and a young boy who go on the adventure of a lifetime. It's funny, it's sad, it's touching, and it's meaningful. Both kids and adults alike will enjoy this film. It's being presented in two formats, one being 3D. We saw it in 3D and thought it was great (boy, has 3D come a long way from earlier days). In fact, I don't know why anyone wouldn't see it in 3D. If you haven't already seen it, try to find a couple of free hours and make your way down to your local theater.

11 comments:

Susan said...

We took our granddaughter to see UP a couple of weeks ago. It was a day for her and she wanted to see a movie. I picked this one. It is the first movie Mickey & I have been to in a couple of years. We go to about 1 every 2-3-4 years!!! I too thought it was very good. I cried!!!! It touched me deeply because I could relate it to Mickey & I :o)
Susan

Anonymous said...

I want to take my kids to see "Up". I've heard so many good things about it. That puzzle game sounds interesting. I bet my son would like it. I'll have to check it out.

-FringeGirl

nancy said...

The Pixar things really are fantastic, aren't they!
I did the six things today. You can see them Here.
Nancy

nancy said...

Diana, That would be picked without an "l". Don't feel bad! But I hope you've had 'fresh picked'. One of God's great gifts. :)

Melissa said...

I'll have to check out those puzzles! Just what I need... something else to keep me on the computer ;)

I really liked UP, but my kids were split. My youngest liked it. My oldest didn't really like it. And my middle child liked it okay...

J-ME said...

Hi Diana, I love the photo of the day of the little bird perched on a finger. Trust. That's what comes to mind.

Thanks for sharing about the movie "Up". I've been wondering whether to see it or not. I will try to make a date with my hubby between his meetings and other responsibilities. The Yubotu game sounds like fun. I will check it out.

Also, thanks for visiting my blog and your comments. I appreciate you.

Momma Roar said...

Ok, I'm totally a game player - I love cryptoquips and sudoku. I tried this one, but I think I'd enjoy it on paper more.

I hope to post my 6 things next week - I didn't take any pictures at home before leaving for the beach - and it needs pictures!! :)

That movie is one I'd like to see!

Jamey said...

I definately want to take my kids to UP! I'm glad it got a good review from you!! I am going to have to look up those puzzles, probably from work. It's the only place I seem to have any spare time :)

MightyMom said...

sounds like a fun puzzle...but give me a couple old fashioned mazes and I'm good for hours!

Chris said...

I cant wait to see Up... its not yet shown here in the Philippines

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.