Monday, June 22, 2009

monday, monday


For Today...

Outside my window... green. everywhere. That's what happens when you get a good amount of rain over the past month. Now that I'm looking outside, I notice Jake needs to mow the lawn... again.

I am thinking... about Danielle. Last night was her first night house sitting. I'm wondering how it went for her.

I am thankful for... the fact that Don passed a kidney stone yesterday morning. It was a painful night but it's passed and it won't cause him any more pain or trouble this week.

From the kitchen... nothing. Absolutely nothing. Nothing was cooked yesterday nor will there be anything today. Is that sad? But due to that fact, it's clean.

I am wearing... plaid shorts and brown t-shirt.

I am reading... The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb. It's one of those books where the characters now feel like family and I don't want the book to end.

I am hearing... The birds chirp, and the trash truck coming up the street.

I am hoping... Don has a wonderful time in California this weekend. The combination of the beach, family, and time away from work should mean a great time for him.

I am creating... a website to celebrate my grandmother's 90 years of life. We'll be celebrating her birthday in November.

I am going... to have to figure out what to get Jake for his birthday, and help Don figure out what to get for his mom for her birthday.

I am praying... for Danielle, her team, and her upcoming trip to Nepal.

Around the house... the garage has been picked up and cleaned out. The kids and I tackled the job last Friday as one of Don's Father's Day presents. He said it was the best gift we could give him.

One of my favorite things... sitting outside, under the gazebo, reading a book, while storm clouds roll over head. The light rain was an added bonus.

A few plans for the rest of the week... getting together with friends... for lunch, at the pool, and over coffee. We're hoping to buy a pop-up camper. Oh, and it's Jake's 19th birthday.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...


As I was walking through a parking lot the other day, this caught my eye... in the passenger seat with a seat belt around him or her. It's times like this that I'm glad I keep a camera in my purse.

Thank you to Peggy of The Simple Woman for this wonderful format for sharing part of our lives.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that picture is hilarious. Gotta wonder why someone is carrying a skeleton around with them...

barb/mom said...

You're right, hat is a great format for sharing.

Now I need to call you to find out some of the details!

bcriminger said...

Wow, that picture rocks! My guess is that is the car of one of the following three people, a health teacher or a doctor/chiropractor (but those would not be cool people to meet)or perhaps, just maybe, it is the car of one of the guys (or the girl I suppose) on Mythbusters! Now that would be awesome... one of the kids I nanny for either wants to be a mythbuster when he grows up or a hairdresser-his mom is hoping he grows out of it :D

Anonymous said...

That's some picture! Glad you had your camera.

-FringeGirl

Jamey said...

Love the kitchen one :) Not sad at all! I hope you find a camper. There is one down the street from us and I thought of you when I saw it. Didn't think you'd want to come to SD to get it though! Do you think with that "person" in the passenger seat they can use the HOV lane? Have a good week!!

MightyMom said...

clean kitchen, clean garage...obviously a clean closet..since you've gotten the skeleton out of it.......

you're on a roll.

Just Mom said...

OK, that photo made me chuckle. I'm not sure I would have been brave enough to take a photo of something unusual in someone else's car. LOL.

Lisa said...

Oh, my word! Well, that skeleton would have caught my eye! I bet a million dollars that would've been the day I forgot my camera. &:o)