Karen, from Over the Backyard Fence, posted a meme last week and I thought it would be a fun one to play along with. After I typed it all out though, it seems like my days are pretty boring, but I'll leave it up. It's the real me.
Ten Things I Do Every Day
1. Eat a bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats for breakfast. Some times I have it for dinner or a snack, too.
2. Take my diabetes medication.
3. Check my email, Facebook, and blog comments.
4. Normal hygiene stuff like take a shower, brush my teeth, get dressed, and put on make-up. Boring, but I can't imagine doing it each and every day =)
5. Try to read my Bible. Even though I try to make this a priority, it doesn't always happen. I'm getting better, though. This includes my quiet time when I also spend time in prayer.
6. Watch the news and/or a news program. This may be one of the morning shows, the evening news, or late night news. I like to know what's happening locally and nationally.
7. Read and comment at least one blog, but it's rare that I don't read all the blogs on my reader. It just wouldn't be a normal day if I didn't read a blog, or two, or three..... well, you get the picture.
8. Talk to one or both of my children. Okay, it's mostly my daughter. My son doesn't have a need to talk to his mother all that often. But Danielle and I talk to each other, in some form (texting, IM, Facebook, or phone) or another nearly every day.
9. Interact with our dog in some way. He usually gets scolded in some way because that's the kind of dog he is. Some days I'm the one that feeds him. And every day I spend time talking to him, petting him, and playing with him. There is no way you can ignore this dog.
10. Watch late night TV. Some nights it's Dave Letterman and then Craig Ferguson. Some nights it's Nightline. And other nights it's reruns of whatever syndicated show that catches my fancy. During this time, I have my laptop on my lap but the TV is on and most of the time it gives me comic relief.
Of course, there is so much more that comprises my days, but those other activities, like going to work, exercising, reading, time with friends, etc, aren't every day activities. I invite anyone who would like to play along to do so.