Thursday, September 3, 2009

sitting here in my pajamas

...
For Today...

Outside my window... I can see the house across the way is being painted. There are men and ladders everywhere.

I am thinking... about all I need to do today to be ready to leave this afternoon for four glorious days of camping.

I am thankful for... life, love, and laughter.

From the kitchen... nothing is cooking or baking. Camping gear has been collecting on the counter.

I am wearing... pajamas.

I am reading... Shadow of the Wind. I'm only a third of the way through it but it's such a good read.

I am hearing... Ladders being extended and moving along a house. Men talking. And my dog's constant bark because he doesn't like those men and ladders across the way.

I am hoping... Jake will be able to join us for a day up in the mountains. It's a good thing he got a job, but it means his plans for the weekend changed.

I am creating... a newsletter for our church. I pitched the idea to the Pastor this last week and he thought it was a great idea. I haven't worked on a newsletter in a long time but always enjoy doing them.

I am going... to miss the Bible study group that met at my house each Wednesday night. I lead a 6 week study on Esther which ended last night. Good study, great fellowship, and some amazing women.

I am praying... for a lot. A couple of friends who are going through hard times. The fires in California and all they are impacting. For Dani and Jake as they have both started a semester of difficult classes. I could go on...

Around the house... there are signs that we're going camping - supplies, necessities, and bags. Besides that, the house is very clean and picked up since the kids have now left and I had a group of women over last night.

One of my favorite things... is this campground we're going to. We went to this campground every year on Labor Day weekend from 1991 through 2002 (it's a church campground). Then came back to it last year. Part of it is the actual grounds and the other part is camping with your church family.

A few plans for the rest of the week... next week... making some travel plans and working on a newsletter. Beyond that, I don't know. I haven't thought much beyond this weekend.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

I came across this photo and was instantly in awe of it. You can click on it to enlarge it if you need to. Check out the hiker out on that ledge of snow that looks like it could give way at any time. Amazing!

Isn't that us at times? Skipping along, not giving a second thought to our safety and security, but unaware of how it could all give away without any forewarning. For me, I know my God is there at the bottom ready to catch me not if I fall, but when I fall.

The Simple Woman's Daybook originated at The Simple Woman.

10 comments:

Melissa said...

Love that picture at the bottom! What a great thought... and so interesting because my thought was so different from yours. God has given us so many beautiful, wonderful things in this world... how many have I taken the time to see and to really, truly appreciate?
Have fun camping?

Karen said...

I loved Shadow of the Wind! Have a great time camping this weekend. The weather should be beautiful. It's been a long time since we've camped on Labor Day weekend. Heck, it's been a long time since we've camped, period.

Beautiful picture and I loved your interpretation.

Susan said...

Enjoyed this read Diana!!! Enjoy your camping trip.
Susan

barb/mom said...

I love opening our vertical blinds each morning to welcome the world and to offer a prayer of heat-felt gratitude.

Shadow of the Wind is new to me, will check it out soon. Do you know that Sue Monk Kidd has a new book out? The title is Traveling With Pomengrates. It's a memoir of her and her daughter traveling together in Europe, "It is a wise memoir about family and renewal."

It's next on my list.

Enjoy camping!

MightyMom said...

ooooo Esther is COOL!!

nancy said...

I hope you have a wonderful time. It's a great time of year for it!
Love, your Long-absent friend,
Nancy

Christine said...

Have a great weekend and sniff some of that fresh mountain air for me! Ahhh....thanks...there is nothing like it.

kailani said...

That's an amazing picture. I wonder if they realize how dangerous it was?

Unknown said...

This is just beautiful. The weather looks like it's being cooperative for you this weekend. I hope you're having a wonderful time!

Maxine said...

Nice post, Diana. I enjoyed hearing about your life at that moment in time. Hope you had a nice camping trip and enjoy working on your newsletter. I'm sure the people in your church will love it.