Saturday, September 19, 2009

it's a glorious time of year

...

Golds, Yellows, Reds...
I'm in heaven


Don and I are off to spend the weekend up at Grand Lake, located in our beautiful Rocky Mountains. I'm hoping to get some good pictures of the leaves turning colors. This is one of my favorite times of the year and one of the biggest reasons is the vibrant colors found in the mountains. We usually take a day or weekend each year to travel to where we think the colors will be the best.

Trying to capture the colors is some times difficult, but at the very least, I will be able to enjoy myself by personally viewing the beauty all around me.

..............................................................................................

And to answer my own question from Wednesday's post (Wordless Wednesday), I would much rather shoot pictures with my camera. I don't really enjoy shooting guns or being around them. Don has always had rifles and hand guns and whenever we go camping at that one particular campground, he brings the guns and we (the family) spends a good amount of time over at the shooting range. I guess it's good that I know how to use a gun, but I'll take my camera over a gun any day.

Six Word Saturday is hosted Cate at Show My Face.

11 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm thinking about dragging my family off somewhere next weekend so that we can find some fall color. We just don't get it here in the desert. Go figure.

Gretta said...

Fall is my favorite time of year too! Have a wonderful weekend celebrating the changing of seasons.

Caroline said...

Oh enjoy all those glorious fall colors! Take some great pics to share ;)

Unknown said...

I hope that you have a good time and get the shots that you want!

Happy 6WS!

Dr.John said...

I also love the fall colors

Karen said...

Have a wonderful time in Grand Lake. It's one of my favorite places. My brother lives up there. I was just telling Dan this morning that I really want to take a trip up to the mountains. We need to just do it!

Unknown said...

Sigh. I LOOOOOVE Grand Lake. Rarely see too many reds in CO but love the oranges and yellow!

Christine said...

I remember going every fall to the mountains in order to enjoy the aspen. The mountains would look like they were on fire. Have a great time and I am looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Call Me Cate said...

Our Fall comes so late. We have a weekend planned to the mountains though. Me, the husband, and my camera. I can't wait - this time of year is magnificent. Thanks for playing 6WS!

barb/mom said...

Lucky you! My mom and I went to the mountains for a retreat over the weekend. It was good to be on the mountain, but no golds, yellows or reds.

Unknown said...

This is totally my favorite time of year! The girls and I have been having a lot of fun discovering the beginnings of the changing colors and I'm just as fascinated as they are. Hope you got a ton of great pics