Here's a meme I've seen around and thought it would be fun to put a spotlight on my better half, Don.
1. He's sitting in front of the TV. What's on the screen? His favorites would have to be a NASCAR race, Mythbusters, Deadliest Catch, and Survivor Man.
2. You're out to eat. What kind of dressing does he get on his salad? His first choice would be a Caesar salad. If that wasn't available, he'd have ranch dressing.
3. What's one food he doesn't like? There's only one thing I can think of that he doesn't like, and that would be chocolate. I don't understand it, but it's true.
4. You go to a bar. What does he order? We don't go to bars, but he has occasionally ordered a beer with his dinner, especially if we're out with friends.
5. Where did he go to High School? All of his schooling was in Torrance, California. High School is where we met and started dating.
6. What shoe size does he wear? 10 1/2
7. If he was to collect anything, what would it be? Hmmm... maybe guns.
8. What is his favorite kind of sandwich? He loves sandwiches so to come up with a favorite is hard. If I can only pick one, I'd have to say Pastrami.
9. What would he eat every day if he could? Another hard one (he likes to eat). I'll say pork chops.
10. What is his favorite kind of cereal? (What's with all the food questions?) He doesn't really eat cereal. If he wants to eat cereal, he'll have whatever is in the pantry.
11. What would he never wear? I don't know... a kilt? Although, now that I think about it, he did put on a cheerleading outfit one year.
12. What is his favorite sports team? He's not a big sports fanatic but he does root for all the home teams... Broncos, Rockies, Avalanche, and the Nuggets. We were die hard Dodger fans when we lived in California.
13. Who is his best friend? I think he would say me.
14. What is something you do that he wishes you wouldn't do? Probably spend as much time on my laptop as I do. I might just have to ask him this question. Maybe I don't want to know =)
15. How many states has he lived in? 2 - California and Colorado
16. What is his heritage? Mostly German and Spanish.
17. You bake him a cake for his birthday. What kind of cake? White with vanilla frosting (see #3).
18. Did he play sports in High School? Nope. He grew up as a surfer, skateboarder, motorcycle rider, and fisherman.
19. What could he spend hours doing? Listening to live music and being involved in the band scene. Fishing. Talking to teenagers. Research on the computer. Preparing a lesson. Reading.
It is a blessing to be married to my best friend. We were high school sweethearts, married at the age of 21, and have been married 27 years (28 in January). He's a wonderful husband, an amazing father, and an awesome ministry partner. He is truly a blessing.
Blessing #9 in a month's worth of blessings.