this week's ten on tuesday is 10 interesting websites you'd like to share. i think i can come up with ten. here they are and in no particular order.
1. make you own snowflakes at http://snowflakes.barkleyus.com/. it may just be me, but i love snowflakes and i visit this site often just to create my own.
2. http://www.vmk.com/ (which stands for virtual magic kingdom) is a fun site where you can virtually enjoy disneyland. you create your own character, earn credits, play games, ride rides, and experience the happiest place on earth (kid friendly).
3. if you haven't been to http://www.postsecret.com/, i encourage you to check it out. it's one of the most honest, gut-wrenching sites there is.
4. of course, i need to include myspace and facebook here (i know, i'm lumping them together as one). and i know they've gotten a lot of bad press and they're not for everyone, but they are the present and future of internet networking and social gathering. as testimony, a childhood friend of the family, that i haven't heard from in years, found me today on facebook. cool, huh.
5. i find http://www.squidoo.com/ a fascinating site. here is where you can build your own page on your specific passion. i haven't built my own page, but i've spent a lot of time browsing and reading through the many offerings.
6. http://www.ourstory.com/ is another interesting site. it allows you to save stories, photos, and videos on a collaborative timeline. i use it to write about certain times in my life; stories i want to remember and to keep track of different places i've lived and jobs i've had. i keep all of my information private, but you can make it for friends or family viewing only, or for the public eyes.
7. being a youth worker, i visit http://www.youthspecialties.com/ often. enough said.
8. http://www.43things.com/ is a site where you can list 43 things - usually goals, however important or frivolous. you can then get inspired about those goals by reading others who have listed the same or writing about the process you are taking to reach your goals. i did it for a while but lost interest mostly because of the lack of time i had. it's still a cool site.
9. i use http://www.netvibes.com/ to keep track of all the blogs i read. it's very similar to bloglines or igoogle (which i considered putting on this list). i just add the rss feeds of my favorite blogs and all i have to do is check one page however often i want and it shows me any posts that have been made. i love it.
10. and to end my list of 10 interesting web sites, i give you http://www.stuffonmycat.com/ just because it's fun.
link of the day: