Tuesday, October 28, 2008

go buffs!


I didn't take this picture (how I wish I did). It was forwarded on to me from a friend who was at this game and it was her friend who took the picture. Isn't it beautiful?

Why am I posting it? Besides the fact that it's a great picture? It shows off where my son, Jake, goes to college. His school's football team is part of the Big 12 and this is their stadium. Jake's only made it to one game but told us how much he enjoyed it. He takes pride in his school and their team (even though this season hasn't been the best) and has taken a bigger interest in college football. And since this is his school, I, too, have taken an interest in their team and games and will continue to root them on.

I was going to make this a Wordless Wednesday but there were just too many words =)

10 comments:

MightyMom said...

it's a great pic....but those aren't great seats!!! ;-)

I'm from a big 12 too. Sic Em Bears!! I left right after the Big 8 became the Big 12....aaahhh exciting times as we were one of the add-ons. our team S.T.U.N.K. though so it was hard to watch.

I can quote you the playbook from that year. They had 1 offensive play the triple I....it was VERY offensive!! our cheer went "up the middle, up the middle, up the middle, PUNT!" you can imagine.

aaahh memories!

college ball is where it's at. the players are (usually) good enough to keep the game exciting, the rivalries are REAL, and emotions are electric.

ALMOST makes me wanna go back.................almost.

Susan said...

Beautiful!!! Oklahoma is a football crazy state with OU, OSU & TU. This year all on winning streaks. We are not zealous sports fans but think it's nice for those who are.
Susan

Jamey said...

Great picture!!! Although we are big NEBRASKA fans at our house!! I hope we can still be friends :)

Ken Duck Geraths said...

We will for give you for the words ... lol

Momma Roar said...

What an amazing picture!

Maxine said...

Lovely picture. Looks like a great place to go!

Anonymous said...

That is such an awesome picture. It almost looks like a painting! I just a new camera, and I'm hoping to expand my photography skills - I still have lots to learn!

Just Mom said...

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L photo.

Anonymous said...

It is a great pict!

Barb said...

That is an outstanding photograph!

After all of Jake's involvement in track and LaCrosse, now football is catching his attention. That's cool!

I'm with Penless Thoughts. In Oklahoma you live, breathe and eat football.