Monday, October 27, 2008

fall break...

Just some random stuff...

* As far as my work situation goes, I asked for and was given that third class period off so I now have about 50 minutes to run home (or out) and eat some lunch and get to the first class at the second school on time. (If your confused, I wrote about it here.) I'm very happy it worked out this way and I am getting more used to the actual job and I think I will enjoy it.

* This week is Fall break so I have the whole week off. woo-hoo!

* Danielle was home this last weekend and Jake wasn't. We really haven't had too many times when the family dynamic has been this way. Even though we missed Jake, it was a very enjoyable weekend. Don took Friday and Monday off, too. Yesterday we ate lunch in the outside patio at Tokyo Joe's. It was a beautiful and warm day. Who would have thought we could eat outside on October 27th?

* Can you believe that Halloween is this week? Where has the time gone? Before we know it, we'll be sitting down to a turkey dinner and then singing Christmas carols. We'll be going to California for Christmas so I'm trying to figure out how much decorating I'm going to do around here. I don't want to put everything out, but I can't imagine not having any decorations out. I'll probably put out mostly everything but not put up the tree. I'll just have to start and see how far I go.

* I have spent so much time online this weekend trying to find a house that my sister, brother, and I can rent while in California. There would be 12 of us, and I haven't been able to find something that can accommodate all of us and something we can afford. We really wanted to have someplace for at least a few days so we could spend some quality time together. Now it looks like we'll all be staying with different relatives, which isn't bad. We just won't get to spend that time together as we had planned.

* I cannot wait until next Tuesday when the election will be over. It has gone on way too long. I think we can all say that we are suffering from campaign weariness. I, for one, will be so happy to have it over with.

7 comments:

MightyMom said...

I think we're gonna suffer PTCD after it's all done though

Post Traumatic Campaign Disorder.

Susan said...

Sounds like the 3 of you had some good quality time together. That is always welcome and needed. We had our first frost last night. I got the last of the green tomatos in yesterday - 9 of them!!
Susan

Heidi Jo Comes said...

while walking on my treadmill this morning i heard them refer to one week from today the election will be here....HOLY CATS. you mean the one we've been hearing about for the past 26 months?

it's my babies birthday that day, hope we have two reasons to celebrate.

Just Mom said...

First of all ... brrrr... If I sat outside to eat, I'd freeze.

Second ... WOOHOO! ELECTION DAY IS ALMOST HERE! WOOHOO! Now let us pray that the election won't drag on beyond Nov. 4.

Jen - Queen of Poo said...

This year is flying by WAY too fast!

How awesome it would be to rent a house together for a getaway with family. Have fun! I hope you find someplace great.

I'm so sick of the political phone calls. Ugh! We don't even answer our phone anymore.

Jamey said...

It sounds like the work situation is getting better. That's great! Yeah for having the whole week off :)

Good luck finding a house to rent. That sounds like it would be a better solution for spending some time together.

I, too will be VERY glad when the election is over!

Unknown said...

yes, i'm ready for the election to be done with too!