Wednesday, August 27, 2008

what's a mom to do?

"Mom.... guess what?"

The call came on my cell as I pulled into the garage last night. I had just returned home after visiting Danielle for the afternoon. I went down to pick up the bicycles she had borrowed for the summer. I was tired after driving an hour each way and spending the afternoon shopping (you know how shopping can wear you out!).

"What?"

"I forgot my wallet in your glove compartment."

I love seeing my kids and take every chance I can get to do so, but the second trip down south was a little much.

11 comments:

MightyMom said...

oh the joys of motherhood!

rest up..the next phone call is coming.

Momma Roar said...

Oh no! LOL!

Susan said...

But we always go that second mile, or trip south, don't we!!!

Trust me as you get older, as we are, your kids will begin doing the samee for you, i.e. Marc showing up unannounced in OKC because he felt we were going to need him!!!
usan

Jamey said...

OOOHHhhh....bummer. What a good mom to take it back down to her!!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

LOL...I did this kind of stuff to my mom all of the time. One day I'll be doing it too :)

Unknown said...

Ugh. I won't complain the next time my daughter tells me to take her to the bathroom multiple times at the store. ;-)

Barb said...

Does the "quote of the day" apply?!

love pic of the day.

Anonymous said...

Yup, motherhood is full of little surprises! :-)

Just Mom said...

LOL.

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

I hate it when that happens!

Unknown said...

oh no sounds like my kids always forgetting stuff