Ten On Tuesday's prompt this week is 10 favorite sports to play/watch. Here are mine, but in no particular order.
1. Probably my favorite game to watch is baseball. I don't know why exactly. Most people complain that it's too slow of a game. But I enjoy the statistics and the precision of the game. It really is a game of inches. I also thoroughly enjoy watching a game live and that's because I love the atmosphere of the ball park.
2. I also love volleyball. I wasn't good enough to play on my high school's team, so I did the next best thing; became the manager for the boy's team =). Living near the beaches of southern California, I ended up playing a lot of beach volleyball with friends or picking up a game in the local park. I still enjoy playing. It's one of those sports that age doesn't affect as much as in other sports. And of course, I enjoy watching it, too. High School level is my favorite.
3. Lacrosse. I didn't even know of this sport 4 years ago. But Jake gave it a try his freshman year and I really enjoyed watching him and his team. That then transferred to watching the televised games of college teams playing. It's a fast paced game that's just fun to watch. I've seen indoor Lacrosse games but those aren't quite the same.
4. I also used to play Soccer. I was a young teenager and not all that good at it, but it gave me a healthy respect for the skill involved in playing the game. I enjoy watching the sport just for that reason.
5. Another sport I used to play was softball. I can't say that I enjoy watching the sport because you usually don't see these games being televised and I haven't had the opportunity to watch a live game recently, but I sure did enjoy playing it.
6. Hockey. Even though I have a hard time keeping up with the puck and I don't enjoy the fighting, this fast paced sport keeps my interest.
7. I've enjoyed watching football since I was a young girl. I attribute that to having my father explain the game to me. I've continued enjoying the sport, mainly because I live in Bronco territory.
8. Track and Field is actually many sports, but I'll lump them all together here. Again, part of it is the atmosphere of a meet that I enjoy so much. During Jake's meets, I enjoyed watching all the events knowing how they were scored and knowing that they all contributed to the larger score of the school's and waiting for a winner to emerge.
9. I really like watching the Olympics. For the Summer games, my favorite sport is gymnastics.
10. And for the Winter games, much to my family's distaste, I'll be sitting in front of the TV for all the ice skating events.
If you leave me a comment, tell me what your favorite sport to play or watch is.
link of the day: