Thursday, July 3, 2008

got milk?

Have you seen the new milk jugs yet? I've seen them on the news but have yet to see any in my local stores. I've heard Wal*Mart and Sam's are carrying them. I just don't buy my milk there.

Anyways, I guess there's controversy already. Consumers are saying they don't pour very easily. They say they don't like the way they look. I say, get over it! I don't think it will be that hard to get used to.

And why change the shape of the milk carton? Stores are saying that they can stack these where they weren't able to do so with the old shape. By doing this, they can ship 50% more per delivery truck. That saves on gas. And since they can be stacked on top of each other, they can stop using the milk crates.

So, this is an energy efficient design where the benefits outweigh the hassle of learning to pour from a new carton or just wanting to stick with the old design because it's what we're used to. Change can be good.

12 comments:

Momma Roar said...

I love this cute, new look!!!!!!

As for the milk, I'm glad they finally figured out a new shape if it provides that many benefits.

And, if it is too bad, they could just pour the new gallon into an old gallon container! :D

Some people just like to fuss - its like they can't call it a day if they don't fuss over something!

Happy 4th!!

Unknown said...

Well I'm all for the lower cost of milk, which i hope they will be lowering the cost of it when these new containers take over. Who cares what they look like if they lower the price go for it. Every little bit helps

Just Mom said...

What?! They're changing the look of the milk jugs? I can't handle all this change in my life.

Arrrrrrrrrrrggggg......








;-D

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

I totally agree. What is the big deal with the change? I see nothing wrong with it and I'll most certainly use it and buy it if I see them. I shop at Walmart here, but so far I haven't seen these jugs.

If it will reduce my grocery bill, I'm all for it. My kid drinks a gallon every couple of days!

Barb said...

I haven't seen these new containers yet.

Change is good I agree! And I like the change you made on your graphics. It is cheerful and inviting.

Lori said...

I haven't seen the new milk jug either.

Happy July 4th to you and your family.

Ms. Kathleen said...

I just hope that savings reflects upon the consumer...Now that would be a happy surprise!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

I haven't seen these yet, but I am for anything to keep the cost down!!!!

Unknown said...

I'm agreeing with everything else - as long as the change helps with consumer cost! I haven't seen them in our stores yet.

Melissa said...

They're supposed to be made of a material that will break down easier than the old plastic ones too. I think it will be a good thing :)

carrie said...

the blog looks neato!

I haven't seen any of these milks yet. As long as they don't UP the price of it anymore, I don't care if they put it in a pigskin. Well, maybe not that, but you get my drift.

Anonymous said...

Okay my only complaint is that the new style (from what I can tell from the pic) kind of looks like a household cleaner bottle - I don't know, maybe just paranoid mom talking but yeah... Otherwise, I agree, who cares?