Thursday, May 8, 2008

mixed bag

As I sit here, I realize I am a mixed bag of emotions.

Tonight (which was really last night) was the last Wednesday night youth group for Don and I. On one hand; I am glad, thankful, relieved. But on the other; sad, reflective, and there's a little bit of second guessing.

I have so much to do and get done this month. Mother's Day, Jake's prom, Jake's graduation, vacation planning, family coming into town and staying here at my house, cleaning, cooking, and more cleaning. I'm so overwhelmed that I feel paralyzed.

And I'm tired. I haven't been sleeping very well. Probably too much on my mind.

Jake's graduation announcements haven't been sent out because we can't decide on when his party is going to be... and he graduates TWO weeks from today!

Okay, glad I got all of that off my chest. I'm gonna kick butt today and get a lot done. I have to! And I have something to look forward to.... JUNE =)

***************
link of the day:
http://www.mothersdaycelebration.com/

12 comments:

Unknown said...

This IS a big month for you!! But if that was your idea of venting, you need to put a bit more ooomph into it like the rest of us.

You will, as always, do great!

Just Mom said...

Yup. Lots of stuff going on here too. Take care of yourself.

Dee said...

Take it one step and one thing at a time, you are were I was last year in planning for graduation, guest, working 40 hours etc. It was crazy and then...... it was over!
Dee

Jamey said...

Change is always hard! It sounds like you will be busy enough that you can keep your mind off it if you want! Can you believe that your baby is graduating??? I can't even imagine how that feels. I'm sure it is sadness and happiness all at once. Congratulations to you as parents and to your son as a high school graduate!!!

Lori said...

Hi Diana,

Boy I know what that is like to not sleep very well because you have a lot on your mind. Same thing has happened to me lately.
When I am awake tonight I will be thinking about you and praying for you too.
I pray that you will get better sleep soon.
It's sounds like you have a busy few weeks coming up.
Good luck getting all of your work done. Hope you were able to kick butt today and get lots done.

Love and Hugs, Lori

Barb said...

I hear you, sweetie! And I can definitely identify with you.

Unknown said...

You go, girl! Stay focused and it'll all fall into place. June is on it's way!

Anonymous said...

One day at a time, you will make it. I will be praying for you:)
Deb
p.s. Take time to sit at Jesus feet Martha, Mary.

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Oh Diana...I hope the second half of your week was less taxing on your emotions.

Thinking of you even as I am packing ;)

Glad you got it all out!

MightyMom said...

if I can find it, I have a song for you. till I find it, remember this "Every new beginning is some beginning's end."

MightyMom said...

found it! it's up.

nancy said...

I can imagine! Graduation and leaving your ministry are two huge changes in your life, alone. These are times when you need to be really kind to yourself and your loved ones who are going through the journey with you. I will add you to my prayer list for a while. Meanwhile, you go girl! And a happy, blessed Mother's Day.
Nancy