10 things I look forward to during the summer...
1. Warmer weather. This one should be obvious, although I don't like it when it's really hot. Warm weather means hanging outside more.
2. Cooler evenings. No matter how hot it gets here, the evenings cool down very nicely. I love being able to spend time out on the deck and then sleep with the windows open.
3. Eating meals outside. I'm mainly thinking of eating out on a restaurant's patio, but we're going to try eating our home meals out on the deck more often. The problem is that it can still be very hot with the sun shining directly onto the deck during the dinner hour.
4. Camping. We haven't been able to camp during the summer for nearly 10 years because of our involvement in youth ministry and being needed every weekend. I love camping and look forward to going as much as we can. Plus, I prefer our mountains in the summer - greenery over white snow.
5. Summer vacation. We're currently working on what this looks like.
6. Fresh strawberry pie. Strawberry shortcake. Chocolate covered strawberries. Enough said.
7. Thunderstorms. Love them!
8. Baseball games. I love to watch professional baseball. Go Rockies!
9. Good movies. Summer is always full of good movies. A few I'm looking forward to are: Angels & Demons, Harry Potter, and My Sister's Keeper.
10. No work. Since I work for a school, I have the whole summer off. Although I'll miss the students, I am really looking forward to the time off.
What are you looking forward to during the summer months?