Thursday, March 19, 2009

old pictures - none

I just got done scanning pictures from my homecomings and proms with hopes of posting them here today, but I'm noticing these white lines coming through on the scanned photos. I rescan them, but the lines are still there. My conclusion.... I bought a cheap, crappy scanner.

So I'm bummed. I was enjoying going through my photos and deciding which ones I would post. Although, the ones from the dances during my high school years are quite hideous and I don't know why I would want to put them out here in bloggyland for public scrutiny. Hideous, I tell you.

But maybe you'll still get a chance to see them. I'm thinking of going out in the next couple of days and buying a good, flatbed scanner. Does anyone know a good one? And while I'm asking questions, can I ask if anyone does digital scrapbooking? If you do, please let me know. I'd like to ask you a couple of questions.

Hopefully, more pictures to come.

4 comments:

Momma Roar said...

My scanner is part of my HP officejet all-in-one.

Digital scrapbooking is something I'd love to do. The one I've been tempted to start wtih is scrapbookmax.com - I know they offer a free 30 day trial. I've used it and it was fun - but it isn't something I can take on right now.

Let us know what buy and keep those pictures coming!! (this coming from someone who loves to scan and post old photos!)

Anonymous said...

This is a comment on yesterday and today's blogs.

I love the old pictures! I don't think the prom pictures are hideous at all, but I'm not thrilled with my old pictures!

I like the "reflection" poem.

Jamey said...

I've never had much luck with scanners or printers. I finally bought one of the HP all in one...it's not my favorite. The only scrapbooking I have ever done is digital. I love it. Most of the time I do only specific events though, like a vacation or something.

I would love to see old prom pictures!!

MightyMom said...

I have an HP Photosmart allin one that is FABULOUS!!

digital scrapbooking?? isn't that called a blog?? (well, for me at least)