Jill @ XBox Wife hosts 10 Things Tuesday where she asks us to list 10 things we're thankful for. I took her cue this week and listed 10 things about this time of year that I'm thankful for.
1. The weather. It's not too hot, nor cold. Mild weather, yet with a slight chill both in the morning and in the evenings.
2. The colors. Leaves turning gold, orange, and red have to be one of the most pleasing sites to me. I try to get up to the mountains at least once during this time of year to see the colors on a grander scale.
3. It's football season. I'm not a crazy football fanatic - I just enjoy watching the game. I'm a Bronco fan and root them on each year (they're looking good this year!). Thanks to Jake, this year I have a new team to root on; the C.U. Buffs.
4. I can start drinking the hot drinks, like coffee, coffee drinks, and hot chocolate (sugar free, of course), and maybe even some tea. It's not that I didn't drink any of these during the summer, but with colder weather on our doorstep, it gives me the excuse I need to drink them on a regular basis.
5. Good movies always come out towards the end of the year, especially between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Makes me giddy with anticipation.
6. New seasons start for some of my favorite TV shows in the next few weeks. Among them, Survivor, The Office, E.R. (and these are all on Thursday night), Eli Stone, and Law & Order. I'll have to wait another month or two before Lost's and 24's seasons start.
7. After taking the summer off, I'm able to resume meeting with some very special friends. First off, my two movie buddies. We not only see movies, but have lunch and chat, mostly about our kids who are off at college. We also go Christmas shopping together and hit the seasonal craft shows. Then there is my Moms In Touch group. I love this group and these ladies. We meet every other week to pray for each other and our community, as well as support and encourage each other as women and mothers.
8. Craft shows! I love going to craft shows and they are in abundance as we head into the holidays.
9. My birthday is in October, as well as Don's. We'll be going to a Switchfoot concert with our kids to celebrate.
10. I love apples and they are at their best this time of year. It makes me want to eat them even more.
What is your favorite thing about this time of year?