Ten on Tuesday
What I love about my life
1. I love having a relationship with an awesome God who loves me, cares about me, and has blessed me with the life I do have.
2. I love my family and family life. It's not perfect and there are problems to deal with along the way, but I feel like I have a good relationship with my husband and two children. They fill my life with joy.
3. I love being a stay at home mom. I think there's been great benefit in being home while raising my kids. It's also given me the opportunity to do volunteer work and develop and nurture relationships with others.
4. I love the people I have met along my journey. People who have helped me understand God, myself, and others better. People who have ministered to me and the opportunities I've had to minister to others.
5. I love my extended family and the way I was raised. I may not have been able to say that 10 years ago, but I can today. Again, we were a long way from being perfect, but I believe my parents, grandparents, siblings, the way I was raised, and my experiences - both good and bad -has shaped me to be who I am today. The love of a family is a true gift from God.
6. I love having Don's family as part of my life. I couldn't ask for better in-laws.
7. I love having good health. Yes, I have diabetes, but it's manageable and hasn't affected me greatly, except to get me into a healthier lifestyle. There are so many who are less fortunate when it comes to their health, and I am thankful for being able to live without any major issues.
8. I love where I live - America, home of the free and the beautiful state of Colorado. I can't really imagine what it would be like to live somewhere where there aren't the freedoms we enjoy here in the United States. And I'm thankful for where my home is. I love the weather (most of the time) and the four seasons. I love the open land and the wildlife. I love the slower pace of life (compared to California) and the fact that we were able to afford a home and lifestyle that we might not be able to do the same some where else.
9. I love the gifts, abilities, and skills that God has blessed me with. For the past [nearly] 10 years, I've been able to minister to teenagers. I've had a passion about something and given the opportunity to live out that passion. I want the rest of my life to look like that.
10. I love that my life will look a little different next Fall after my youngest goes off to college. I'm appreciative of and have loved the last 20 years of having my kids live under my roof, but now it's time for the next phase of my life. I look forward to that.
link of the day: