Wednesday, March 19, 2008

track season has started

I love taking live action shots. At a track meet, there are a few events that make for good pictures. I decided to step away from snapping pictures of my son [running] and look at some of those events from different perspectives. For the above picture and the ones below (different angle), I actually laid on the ground, as near to the mat as the officials would let me, and pointed my camera up towards the pole vaulting bar.




Wordless Wednesday HQ

***************
link of the day:
http://www.thehumanmarvels.com/

12 comments:

maiylah said...

wow ... great action shots!
happy WW!

Anonymous said...

oh... .that is tooo high for me.
happy WW

Anonymous said...

Awesome action photos! Happy Track Season! My WW is Balloon Fashion in a slideshow: http://mercedesrules.wordpress.com/2008/03/19/balloon-fashion/

Momma Roar said...

Great shots Diana!!

I was just saying to T the other day when we were outside - It feels like spring sports weather. I was on the track team and he was on the tennis team!

Pole vaulting became available to girls when I was a senior - I didn't attempt it, but I've always been amazed by those athletes (my dad pole vaulted!)

Anonymous said...

Those are great action pictures.
It looks a bit too cold that high up for me. Love the sky as the background.

My WW is a child's playhouse. Hope you can stop by and take a peek!

Melissa said...

Those pictures are awesome! I love trying new things with my camera! Great shots!

nancy said...

Very nice! I love that perspective. It even emphasizes the height.
Nancy

Jamey said...

Very cool, new perspective on pole vaulting!!

carrie said...

boy, those are some rockin' pics! he's very athletic!

Barb said...

Great pictures - I love the different angles!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Great shots. Is that your son?

Mostly Sunny said...

Poetry in motion!