Thursday, December 13, 2007

a Christmas meme

Sarah, of Short Stop, tagged me for this meme. Thanks Sarah. I had fun.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I enjoy watching people open a wrapped box but I'm not opposed to sticking a gift in a bag for the sake of convenience or wrapping challenges.

2. Real tree or artificial? I love a real tree but don't like them drying out and having the needles fall all over the floor. So, about four years ago, we purchased a fake one. I miss the real ones but it is more convenient.

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually a week or two after Thanksgiving, depending on when Thanksgiving is. Every once in a while, I even get it done the weekend after Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down? Usually the weekend after New Year's.

5. Do you like eggnog? Eeewwwwww. Gross!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I don't know about favorite, but the first one that came to mind was a doll called Crissy - and her hair grew.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, we do. I've had this one (scroll to bottom of post) for nearly 10 years. We had a couple of others when my kids were young - so they could play with the figures.

8. Hardest person to buy for? This usually changes from year to year. Usually one of the guys in my family.

9. Easiest person to buy for? Any female in my family. I'm a good shopper and gift-giver. There's an endless amount of things I could buy for any one of them.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? hmmm, I really don't know.

11. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? This to changes from year to year. One year I may not do either, the next year I will mail them. Actually, as I'm typing this, I realize that I've never e-mailed cards. What I was thinking was sometimes I send cards and other times a newsletter, and sometimes nothing at all (like maybe this year).

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Elf.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I shop all year round. We do stocking stuffers in my extended family, so if I see something that would make a good one, I buy it.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, I have.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies, cheese potatoes, cherry jello (not just regular cherry jello).

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? On the real trees, we always had colored lights. Our fake tree came with clear ones. I think I like the colored ones better.

17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night and Grown-up Christmas List.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I'd prefer to stay home but unless family comes visit me (like this year!), it makes for a lonely Christmas. So every other year or so, we travel back to California.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen. Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen. But do you recall...the most famous reindeer of all? That would be Rudolf the red-nosed reindeer.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I've done both. Believe it or not, last year and this year, I haven't put anything on the top. I've been looking for something I like.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We open one gift - of our choice - on Christmas Eve. The rest on Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The work it takes to put all the decorations out and then having to put them away. I'm never very motivated to do either. And then the crowds in the stores.

23. What I love most about Christmas? There's a lot I love about Christmas. The biggest is that it's a time that is focused on Christ and what He means in my life. I love the spirit of the holidays. People are usually friendlier and good will is more prevalent. I love being with family. And I love giving gifts.

If you haven't already done this, consider yourself tagged. I'd love to read your answers.

***************
link of the day:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMF_24cQqT0
(thanks Dad)

7 comments:

Momma Roar said...

Cracking up at your quote of the day!

I enjoy reading these Christmas memes, I had done it as an email, so if I remember, I'll try to send it to you!

I share your sentiments on paper/gift bags! And I like how you open one present on Christmas eve!

Lori said...

That was fun to read.
I just may have to do this one.

sharon brobst said...

That was fun! I remember Crissy...I think I had one..or my sister did? It's been tooo long...

Family W said...

we open one gift on Christmas eve too, but its usually the christmas pajama's :) And why are women so much easier to buy for than men?? It's like that around here too. I also agree about the wrapping paper.... would much rather see someone unwrap a gift than pull it out of a bag. :) Blessings to you!

Unknown said...

That was so cute and fun..and even better is you in that darling Santa hat. :-)

Pen of Jen said...

Diana FUN!
I think that I am going to do this on my home school blog!!!

Ok too many to comment on but the movie Elf 'Santa is coming' was such a funny line!

Hey I am having a blog anniversary giveaway come on over!

Lynne said...

That was fun to read-I just finished mine. I'm a bit behind with my blog reading this week.