Ten for Tuesday has given the prompt of listing the 10 Best Games (video games, board games, card games, etc). I am a game player and our family plays games, so I thought I'd play along this week. This is my list of my 10 favorite games, in no particular order.
First I will list the games my family often plays:
1. Blokus. We just starting playing the latest version of Blokus which is in a trigon shape (versus the original square shape). Many people have never seen or heard of this game. I encourage you to check it out.
2. Phase 10. We actually play a lot of card games, but Phase 10 seems to be played more than anything else. Hearts, Speed, Peanuts, 500, and Up and Down the River are also played often.
3. Sequence. Long time favorite.
4. Catch Phrase. Another long time favorite and one we bring out when company comes over.
5. Apples to Apples. Another one that not a lot of people have heard of but is a great one for larger groups. Our youth group loves it and would rather play that than do any kind of lesson :]
6. Balderdash. Danielle started playing this with her roommates and thought we needed one. We just bought it for the Thanksgiving break and played it a few times. It's fun and challenges your creativity.
Now I will give you five that I personally play either on the computer or on a video game console.
7. UNO through MSN games. I play this with other internet players.
8. Mario Brothers from Nintendo. I don't play this anymore because I'm not very skilled in playing 3D video games. But before the new technology, I used to play a lot of Mario Brother games. I miss it at times.
9. I subscribe to Comcast Real Arcade games and have a few favorites through them. A few are Mahjong Towers, Shape Shifter, Ultra Ball, and Zuma. I enjoy strategy/puzzle games.
10. I saved my all-time favorite for last. Please don't judge me... I can't help it. I love playing a virtual game called Roller Coaster Tycoon. You get to build and manage an amusement park, building your own roller coasters, and working to achieve specific goals. For me, it's an addicting game. I usually only play it on Sunday afternoons because I know I'll spend too much time playing it and I feel like that's my time to play.
Now it's your turn... what are some of your favorite games?
link of the day: