Saturday, June 21, 2008

a simple woman's daybook

for today...

Outside my window... are signs that it's going to be a beautiful day. The neighbor across the greenbelt is sitting on his deck in his robe, as he does many mornings.

I am thinking... of what I should try to get accomplished today. Also trying to think of a game to play tomorrow with the youth group. It's our weekly struggle.

I am thankful for... being home. Last week at this time I was trying to navigate my way through the California freeway system.

From the kitchen... my cereal bowl was just added to the growing pile of dishes. My cue to unload and load the dishwasher. There's also a completed jigsaw puzzle on my kitchen table that's not usually there.

I am creating... another blog, or at least I'm thinking about it. It would be for a parenting ministry at my church.

I am going... to try to create a new snack food today. It involves pine nuts, tomatoes, and garlic.

I am wearing... pajamas.

I am reading... Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. I also picked up a new book last night that comes highly recommended; Do Hard Things: A Teenage Rebellion Against Low Expectations. I might try reading this at the same time.

I am hoping... for a round of thunderstorms this afternoon.

I am hearing... the TV show Take Home Handyman and my dog barking in the backyard. He's probably barking at the neighbor in his robe.

Around the house... it is the normal Saturday morning routine; I am on my computer while watching the home improvement shows on TLC, Jake is still sleeping, Don is sitting in his chair with his headphones on, and dust bunnies are multiplying.

One of my favorite things... is Saturday mornings.

A few plans for the rest of the week... the main event of the week is Jake's birthday and plans need to be made to make it a special day for him.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...


This format comes from Peggy at The Simple Woman.

10 comments:

Susan said...

Cute concept. Let me know about the two books you are reading.

About my rocks.....I love rocks and tried to pick up various ones from different places when we were traveling. Wish I could remember which were from where. I tried to mark them but the tags came off. I just picked some by size of the words and then painted the words on myself with paint. Thanks for asking.
Susan

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Cute post. I love it! I love Saturday AM's too...hoping next Sat AM to spend it making my toes look as red as the ones in that photo ;)

Barb said...

How refreshing! Like others - I loved it. I could picture you and the household perfectly. Yeah for Saturday mornings.

Anonymous said...

Hey that was really cool!! i love the thought picture, That is me relaxing on the beach:) Ha! Glad your home:)
Deb

Mozi Esme said...

Sounds like a wonderfully relaxing morning!

carmilevy said...

You've reminded me of my wife, who insists on making everyone's birthday a uniquely special day. It's one of the so very many things I love about her.

Jake's very lucky indeed. And I'm sure he'll have a wonderful birthday. Thanks to you, of course.

Anonymous said...

Very fun to glimpse into your day :)

Kelli said...

I enjoyed reading about your day and you shared such a cute picture!
~Kelli

Lori said...

Neat post. Sounds like you enjoyed your Saturday.

nancy said...

I loved reading this. It really does give the sense of a personal visit, doesn't it.
Nancy