I'm playing along with this meme that Just Mom (Just Mom's Musings) posted last week. Let me know if you play. I'd like to know what your Christmas looks like.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I'd prefer a coffee drink of some kind. Definitely not Egg Nog.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? When the kids were little, they were unwrapped, but for the past 8 years or so, they've been wrapped.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? We always put a lighted cross on the roof and we change out the bulbs periodically. Right now they're blue. We've had different lighting arrangements on the house over the years. Right now we have white lights over the bushes and some multi-colored trees. Our inside tree has white lights.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually the beginning of December.
6. What is your favorite Christmas dish? I have two - cheese potatoes and black cherry jello.
7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? Childhood... I can't really remember one. But as a teenager, I had a very special Christmas. You can read about it here and here.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't really remember. It seems that I asked my mom the truth, but I don't know what prompted me asking or how old I was.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes. Our tradition has always been that we open one gift on Christmas Eve, but when the kids were younger, we, as parents, got to decide which gifts they could or couldn't open that night.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? With all my favorite ornaments. And I have a very beautiful tree... if I do say so myself =)
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? I enjoy snow when I can watch it fall from inside and don't have to go out into it. I don't like cold temperatures or icy roads.
12. Can you ice skate? Yes, but not very well. I have weak ankles.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? No, there's been too many special gifts.
14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you? Remembering the reason for the season.... that we're celebrating the birth of Christ. Being with family. And having the opportunity to give to others in a way you wouldn't at any other time during the year.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Frosted sugar cookies.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Stockings! Buying stocking stuffers all year long and then emptying your stocking on Christmas day with all the goodies that family has sent to you.
17. What tops your tree? A clear plastic (but doesn't look cheap) snowflake.
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Giving... definitely!
19. Candy Canes? Nope, at least not the traditional ones. The newer ones that are flavored some other way than peppermint are decent.
20. Favorite Christmas Show? Elf.
21. Saddest Christmas Song? I've always thought most Christmas songs are sad. It doesn't stop me from singing them, though.
22. What is your favorite Christmas Song? O Holy Night.