Sunday, April 25, 2010

my weekend

My weekend started Friday morning as I headed up into the mountains for a women's retreat. The weather was lousy and my windshield wipers never stopped during the three hour trip, wiping away snow, sleet, and heavy rain.

After stopping in Boulder to have lunch with my son, Jake, I continued on up into the mountains where it looked like a winter wonderland. I love the mountains in the summer, when you can enjoy the greenery and the smell of the wood and sunshine. But early Spring showed off it's beauty and I felt blessed to have spent time watching the snow fall and the seeing the landscape covered in white.

The weekend consisted of fellowship with 18 amazing women as well as time spent by myself, replenishing my energy reserves. We laughed until we cried, and we cried until we laughed. We praised God in song and prayer. We ate and we shopped. We loved and felt loved. It was a wonderful weekend, and I came down from the mountain, under blue skies and mild temperatures, feeling refreshed and renewed.


To see what others did this weekend, visit Michelle at Six In The City.

13 comments:

Jean said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dayna said...

Sounds like a weekend well-spent, minus the yucky weather. It's so good that you were refreshed. Praising the Lord and enjoying good fellowship are the perfect way of rejuvenating!

michelle from six in the city said...

I can't believe it snowed in Colorado again! It sounds like you made the best of it though! What a lovely weekend!

mom said...

What a great and beautiful weekend, happy for you! Love your pictures. You just keep getting better and better shots!

Great quote, Marsha, Kathleen and I used to discuss the "truth" of that saying.

Just Mom said...

Where is the "Like" button for this! Sounds like an absolutely wonderful weekend.

Heidi Jo Comes said...

we don't have any mountains around....but i wonder if we could scrounge up some women for a refreshing retreat!

sounds divine!

sherilee said...

Looks like a wonderful weekend--I don't even mind the snow! We had flakes in northeast Oregon, but no real sticking...

Mommy, I'm Home said...

Glad you had a great weekend, Diana. It sure was a crazy weather weekend. A friend commented that he thought Mother Nature was having a nervous breakdown...

Karen said...

I'm glad you had such a terrific weekend. It's so uplifting to be in the company of other women and in such a beautiful place, too.

Hope you're having a wonderful day.

Kelly Tirman said...

What a great weekend. Looks like you had a lot of fun.

Jamey said...

Wow, it's been so long since I have been here. My "usual" computer was giving me a hard time and that's where I have all my favorites stored. Sounds like you had a great weekend, how fun to hang out with a bunch of girls and talk/laugh/cry :)

MightyMom said...

just what you needed, huh?


here's a quote that made me think of you the other day.

"when life is a bitter pill to swallow
you got to hold on to what you believe
believe that the sun will shine tomorrow
and that your saints and sinners bleed."

from We Weren't Born to Follow by Bon Jovi.

here's wishing you much sunshine in the coming days!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Looks like a blast.

BTW...you are doing GREAT with your photography! AWESOME. I enjoyed looking at the 360 photo site. Are you using Adobe to edit?