Sunday, September 9, 2007

random thoughts

Did anyone watch the Bronco-Buffaloes football game today? Oh baby, was it a good game or what! Actually, it was the ending that was so great. And that would only be if you were a Bronco fan (hehe). The Broncos kicked a game winning field goal as the clock ticked down to zero seconds. Woo-hoo! What a way to start the season.

*****

Jake's band played tonight at a well known venue, The Gothic. Don and I were there to watch a great show. I would post pictures but they wouldn't let me take my camera in. I did my best to try to talk the very big bouncer guy into letting me. But no! He told me there was no professional photography allowed. I almost laughed in his face. Me! A professional photographer... I DON'T THINK SO. It was actually my zoom lens that made him think I was a professional. If I had my regular lens on, I think he would have let me take it in. Bummer!

*****

Alan Alda has written a book and it was just released. I just love the name of it... Things I've Overheard While Talking To Myself. Isn't that just the greatest name? I wish I had thought of it. It would be a really good blog title.

*****

Don't forget that this week will be the anniversary of 9-11. And in remembrance of that tragic day and to pay tribute to those who were killed that day, those who survived, and those who helped save lives, we are asked to fly our flag on Tuesday. I can't wait to see our country's flag flown so proudly in so many places.

*****

This post is my Post of the Week. It really wasn't posted this last week and many of you may have read it already, but if you haven't, it's worth reading. It was actually a description comment of some pokemon cards the blogger had put on ebay. She was explaining why she was selling these cards and does so in a very comical way.

***************
link of the day:
http://www.blockposters.com/

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I love the Pokeman card thing! I read that awhile ago... and oh how I laughed!! She is a very clever lady :)

Anonymous said...

I have seen some of your photographs. Maybe you should be a professional.

I will be flying my flag tomorrow.

Momma Roar said...

Love Alan Alda's book title - sounds like something Quintin would say! LOL

Jamey said...

Go Broncos!!! I love that Martina McBride song in your previous post too!